Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Administrator
16,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
If you could get a template of them it would be easy and cheap to make you own if you are useful that way. The chap who fitted mine said he could easily got some material and fashioned the shape etc
Shape isn’t the problem. As identified a few posts ago, it is finding a way to affix them to the car. You cannot just mount them to a hard plastic or aluminum wheel-well liner, the way you might on 99% of the cars out there. You!re paying for the development of the attachment system here. Or do your own R&D, if re-inventing the wheel is your thing.

@Chris1712 , pleas do as suggested and call Inokinetic. It might be a short term out of stock situation. I’ve seen some things on their site go in and out of availability. Others, sadly, have run out and are not being made anymore (harness bar, for instance).

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
@4Canada yes I agree you are paying for the clever bracket fixing system, I was happy paying for mine as they save the paintwork, I just thought if ikonetiks have ceased making them then one option would be to make your own. Although perhaps copyrights come in to play too.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks all, will keep an eye out.
I just installed mine a week ago. I definately should've installed the day I bought the car.
@Larz- are they making a new design or just a new run of the old design?
Do they stop the sides of the car being filthy within 50 feet? I'm hoping so, I have PPF on the sides to protect from stones but the filth is annoying!

·
Registered
246 Posts
(Ignore the mucky sills) I installed mine with the bracket pointing down (drilled another hole for the top screw) so that they would hang lower and give more protection to stones/mud at lower trajectories.

Drilled the hole slightly off so they aren't perfectly straight but not noticeable unless looking under the car like in the photo.

Only thing I'm concerned about is them scraping/snapping over a steep bump or pothole. They aren't hanging that low but I need to test it out..

·
Registered
477 Posts
These are a very worthy purchase for the price. They blend in so well I never even notice them, and they stop the spray of sand and rocks that eats away at the paint on the lower doors. A 'must' mod IMO.

·
Administrator
16,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Pain that they don't ship to the UK - or anywhere outside of the US, seems.

Cheers,
Hedge
They do, email them as their website just doesn't have support for it.

What Mahjik said.

They ship worldwide, but the e-commerce site is only set up to handle US postage.
Contact Stacie or Shinoo at Inokinetic, and they will look after you. Should be back in the office after Thanksgiving next week. An email will suffice, although they may be swamped for a day or two with their Black Friday deals.

They are great to deal with (as are most 4C vendors). Mention the forum, so they remember there is still a large community of 4C enthusiasts to service even though the car is out of production!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Installed mine about a week ago. I also think I should have done it sooner. One thing discouraging me was the talk of jacking up the car and removing the wheel. There was really no reason to do it and it was very simple and straightforward, when you study the instructions before starting. It wasn't crowded at all when I turned the wheel all the way out.

I found it easier to first attach the long bolt (step 8) with the mud guard on (before step 7), rotate the mudguard 90 degrees, slip in the wheel well liner on the bottom, slide the bracket under the liner, attach the bracket as in step 7, and then attach the mud guard to the bottom bolts. If you do step 7 first, it is harder to bend the liner to go behind the attached bracket.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Installed mine about a week ago. I also think I should have done it sooner. One thing discouraging me was the talk of jacking up the car and removing the wheel. There was really no reason to do it and it was very simple and straightforward, when you study the instructions before starting. It wasn't crowded at all when I turned the wheel all the way out.

I found it easier to first attach the long bolt (step 8) with the mud guard on (before step 7), rotate the mudguard 90 degrees, slip in the wheel well liner on the bottom, slide the bracket under the liner, attach the bracket as in step 7, and then attach the mud guard to the bottom bolts. If you do step 7 first, it is harder to bend the liner to go behind the attached bracket.
I need to do mine, too.

It looks like one of those "three hours to do the first, thirty minutes to do the second" tasks.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
My mechanic mate put mine on for me, he applied a thin bead of black sealant down the edge where it meets the paintwork. Looks really well finished and sealed .

61 - 80 of 91 Posts