Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here are my thoughts

I like the style and performance of the 4C. I think the exposed carbon fiber tub sets the car apart from all the others in its class. I am also a minimalist and like the simplicity of the car. All that and great gas mileage!

Dislikes: the headlights, mirrors, lack of trunk space and the thought of having to pay what my guess is going to be a $10k+ markup over MSRP. In general, i think i am a very patient person, but am also getting pretty frustrated with the continuous delays. :mad:

I have driven Alfas for over 30 years and once the 4C becomes available in the US, i will probably splurge and buy my first new one (if one is available for me to buy); however, in the meantime, a neighbor has a 2009 Carrera S that is in new condition with 12k miles that i have been tempted to buy. I hope i can hold out for the 4C, but i am concerned that i will end up waiting another year and will be disappointed when i see it in person or it will end up being priced out of my range, resentful that i wasted what will be 2 years that i could have been driving the Porsche. Such a dilemma!

What should I do?:s

·
Registered
446 Posts
I like the style and performance of the 4C. I think the exposed carbon fiber tub sets the car apart from all the others in its class. I am also a minimalist and like the simplicity of the car. All that and great gas mileage!

Dislikes: the headlights, mirrors, lack of trunk space and the thought of having to pay what my guess is going to be a $10k+ markup over MSRP. In general, i think i am a very patient person, but am also getting pretty frustrated with the continuous delays. :mad:

I have driven Alfas for over 30 years and once the 4C becomes available in the US, i will probably splurge and buy my first new one (if one is available for me to buy); however, in the meantime, a neighbor has a 2009 Carrera S that is in new condition with 12k miles that i have been tempted to buy. I hope i can hold out for the 4C, but i am concerned that i will end up waiting another year and will be disappointed when i see it in person or it will end up being priced out of my range, resentful that i wasted what will be 2 years that i could have been driving the Porsche. Such a dilemma!

What should I do?:s
Why are you guys so impatient in the US? They only have 6 months delay on this car and in reality it hasn't even been presented to the US market!
It will presented at the LA Auto Show and everything will be known then. Deliveries in the US will be at best at the end of 2014....

If I were you I would buy the Porsche, enjoy it and when the 4C arrives you can sell the Porsche and buy the Alfa :) A used Porsche shouldn't lose too much value in 12 to 18 months IMO

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hey Ping. Look at the upside.... Whilst the trunk may be small, it will cook your meal/suitcase contents when stored in it!

·
Registered
25 Posts
The end of 2014 will be almost 3 years since I first heard of the 4c. Back then they said it would be available in the Spring of 2013 so it is not just the 6 month US delay. I sold my mint round tail last summer and have been going through Alfa withdrawals ever since.

Ok, i feel a little better now that i have vented my frustrations. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
446 Posts
The end of 2014 will be almost 3 years since I first heard of the 4c. Back then they said it would be available in the Spring of 2013 so it is not just the 6 month US delay. I sold my mint round tail last summer and have been going through Alfa withdrawals ever since.

Ok, i feel a little better now that i have vented my frustrations. Thanks guys!
LOL
I am sorry for your withdrawals ;)

As a matter of discussion, I never make any serious plans on a car until I know I can order it. There has been too many times with too many brands that I have been let down.

It's good to vent sometimes though :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
I pass Alfa UK/Ferrari-Maserati UK HQ every day and where the press cars are garaged - I think the first RHD 4Cs will arrive at Maserati UK just like the 8Cs did so I'm keeping a sharp eye out if I see anything. So far just new Quattroportes and a Ghibli, no 4C

1 - 11 of 11 Posts