Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Welp, my rear coilovers unfortunately have the same problem. They don't fit, at all. I'm extremely frustrated with all this. I've reached out to EuroCompulsion about the issue just now and am awaiting their response. To top it off, I completely stripped the lower strut bolt trying to get these to fit and now have to go to order replacements from the dealer. My car is sitting up on jack stands in the garage completely undrivable until I get this figured out. I'd hate to have to uninstall the fronts too which I already have in.

I should have been more wary prior to spending the time installing them and took more measurements, but I guess I was just hoping I'd get lucky and be OK. But I measure the other rear strut that was still sitting in the box and getting a lot of the same measurements as FLORO's ones that were incorrect. Particularly the measurement from the lower strut bolt to the bottom of the bracket that's supposed to be 151mm. Mine measured out to the same 144mm that FLORO's did. And because of that difference, there's no way both the bracket bolts and the lower strut bolt would line up together. I could get one of them in first, but then there was no way of getting the other bolt in.

Pending EuroCompulsion's response, I've got to decide whether I'm going to try a "fixed" set from KW, or ask for my money back and go a different route like Nitron.

This dimensions was supposed to be 151mm.

·
Super Moderator
9,052 Posts
Welp, my rear coilovers unfortunately have the same problem. They don't fit, at all. I'm extremely frustrated with all this. I've reached out to EuroCompulsion about the issue just now and am awaiting their response. To top it off, I completely stripped the lower strut bolt trying to get these to fit and now have to go to order replacements from the dealer. My car is sitting up on jack stands in the garage completely undrivable until I get this figured out. I'd hate to have to uninstall the fronts too which I already have in.

I should have been more wary prior to spending the time installing them and took more measurements, but I guess I was just hoping I'd get lucky and be OK. But I measure the other rear strut that was still sitting in the box and getting a lot of the same measurements as FLORO's ones that were incorrect. Particularly the measurement from the lower strut bolt to the bottom of the bracket that's supposed to be 151mm. Mine measured out to the same 144mm that FLORO's did. And because of that difference, there's no way both the bracket bolts and the lower strut bolt would line up together. I could get one of them in first, but then there was no way of getting the other bolt in.

Pending EuroCompulsion's response, I've got to decide whether I'm going to try a "fixed" set from KW, or ask for my money back and go a different route like Nitron.

View attachment 115951

View attachment 115952
Very sorry to hear. Hope you get satisfaction from EC quickly.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·

View attachment 115951

View attachment 115952
The worst part has been the 12 weeks plus I’ve had to wait while KW got to the bottom of it. On Thursday last week they confirmed that the coilovers are now back in production and they will be shipping my replacements this week. I expect a call any day to tell me the garage got a tracking number as promised by KW.

I would let them replace yours now all that is sorted out. I know it’s a drag from Europe shipping but they are shiny and that’s worth waiting for ;)

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
The worst part has been the 12 weeks plus I’ve had to wait while KW got to the bottom of it. On Thursday last week they confirmed that the coilovers are now back in production and they will be shipping my replacements this week. I expect a call any day to tell me the garage got a tracking number as promised by KW.

I would let them replace yours now all that is sorted out. I know it’s a drag from Europe shipping but they are shiny and that’s worth waiting for ;)
Did they just send replacement rears?

My fronts are already installed and I really don’t want to have to uninstall them. Hopefully they can rush deliver me a replacement set quickly.

EuroCompulsion contacted me back today and said they filed the claim with KW but had not heard back yet. I really don’t want my car sitting on jack stands in the garage for weeks on end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Yes it just the rears that were affected.
I have so much going on besides the 4C, the weeks have just flown by.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Yes it just the rears that were affected.
I have so much going on besides the 4C, the weeks have just flown by.
any update on yours? Have the latest set resolved the fitment problems?

It’s been a week and I’m still dealing with KW and don’t have a resolution yet. They keep asking the same questions and for the same info I’ve repeatedly given them. If I don’t have a resolution soon, I’m going to ask for a refund and go with Nitron.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
On Thursday last week we got a tracking number from KW. The replacements should arrive this week.
Yours will get replaced a lot sooner than the 3 months I’ve been waiting, no doubt.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
On Thursday last week we got a tracking number from KW. The replacements should arrive this week.
Yours will get replaced a lot sooner than the 3 months I’ve been waiting, no doubt.
Keep me update on whether or not your new replacements are in fact different and fit better.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Response I received today from KW North America:

Darren,

I sent everything to our German team to see what production batch this was from and to pull some measurements off of existing files. Should hear back soon.

In the meantime I’ve already spoken with my brand manager about this issue as well so once we hear back from Germany I can get warranty replacements built and sent out. I’m just waiting to see if the new ones will be true to the drawing or if it will be off.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Ha! Now I understand why ‘Derwood’. Bewitched! Glad to see the response from KW arrived.
LOL yeah some people get it. To be honest I didn’t even know the Bewitched connection until many years later. My wife’s parents started calling me Derwood as a nickname when we first started dating and I finally found out about the connection many years later. I’m a bit too young for Bewitched but do remember seeing it occasionally on Nick at Night when I was little.

·
Super Moderator
9,052 Posts
LOL yeah some people get it. To be honest I didn’t even know the Bewitched connection until many years later. My wife’s parents started calling me Derwood as a nickname when we first started dating and I finally found out about the connection many years later. I’m a bit too young for Bewitched but do remember seeing it occasionally on Nick at Night when I was little.

Gotta laugh. It shows precisely MY age and level of culture. Basically anything Sixties/early Seventies TV sitcoms or afternoon/evening shows.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
New update from KW on mine. Replacement coming.

Darren,

Looks like Germany proofed out new ones and they are correct and true to the drawing again. What is your address so I can send replacement rear struts out?

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Any update?

The first available day to fit them and do the geo is Saturday so it’s booked in.
They checked them though, and they are good. Not 100% exactly spot on perfect in all the dimensions on the drawings but within acceptable tolerances and miles better then previous units.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
The first available day to fit them and do the geo is Saturday so it’s booked in.
They checked them though, and they are good. Not 100% exactly spot on perfect in all the dimensions on the drawings but within acceptable tolerances and miles better then previous units.
That’s fantastic to hear. Apparently mine will be coming soon but I don’t have tracking info yet. Eagerly awaiting. In the meantime I got brand new lower strut bolts to replace the one I completely ruined. Chris from Grey Fox Research came through big time with them. Highly recommend him if you need any OEM parts.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I’m sure they won’t be long, they use FedEx.
Soon we can move onto discussing settings rather than install issues 😁

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I’m sure they won’t be long, they use FedEx.
Soon we can move onto discussing settings rather than install issues 😁
LOL right?

Currently I had the dampers set at the recommended 9 open setting and I had the height of the front springs adjusted at 132.5mm (measured from the lower strut bolt) which was right in the middle of the adjustment range of 125-140mm. But that's probably a bit low for me. Once the rears are installed I'll tweak it some. I'll probably settle on a little more than 1/2" drop all around from stock.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts