Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I am pleased to confirm that the replacements went on perfectly and I have just arrived home with my 4C after 12 weeks of separation.
They told me they were impressed when they road tested it and I am too. I can’t fault it’s handling now.
I will elaborate and post pictures when I’ve recovered.

Anyone awaiting replacements can rest assured they fixed the issue and the kit works brilliantly.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I am pleased to confirm that the replacements went on perfectly and I have just arrived home with my 4C after 12 weeks of separation.
They told me they were impressed when they road tested it and I am too. I can’t fault it’s handling now.
I will elaborate and post pictures when I’ve recovered.

Anyone awaiting replacements can rest assured they fixed the issue and the kit works brilliantly.
Fantastic news! I finally got tracking info from FedEx yesterday so I should get them soon. They’re still overseas so I don’t have a delivery date yet but they’re at least coming.

Please share your settings and thoughts. I currently had the dampers set at 9 as recommended. The fronts that are installed I set exactly in the middle of the adjustment range (132.5mm measured from lower bolt to bottom of spring contact area) and with the stock rear suspension still in, the front is basically slammed too low still. But I’ll make final adjustments when I get the rears in.

I may ask you for some ride height measurements if you don’t mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Just reflecting on yesterday’s 50 mile drive home. It’s all nice roads and sun was shining. My friend drove us to the garage in my Abarth and was following me on the way home.

Immediately felt transformed. I now have actual suspension that travels with bumps and absorbs them rather than a car that just bounces off the slightest lump or bump.
It’s lower but still easily goes over speed bumps.
Steering is lighter, feels faster and turn-in better. You can “think” it through S bends like a Porsche.

I will post my geo, coilover settings and ride height soon. I’m just so busy with life.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Just reflecting on yesterday’s 50 mile drive home. It’s all nice roads and sun was shining. My friend drove us to the garage in my Abarth and was following me on the way home.

Immediately felt transformed. I now have actual suspension that travels with bumps and absorbs them rather than a car that just bounces off the slightest lump or bump.
Steering is lighter, feels faster and turn-in better. You can “think” it through S bends like a Porsche.

I will post my geo, coilover settings and ride height soon. I’m just so busy with life.
Maybe you could do a drive video like John4c did.

I must admit the roads around here are pretty rough, the car bangs when going over anything, like trenches dug out then filled and sunk, even going over expansion gaps on long bridges makes me whince. (Pelham bridge in Lincoln has about 10 , ouch) , bang-bang, bang-bang as front and rear goes over.

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Maybe you could do a drive video like John4c did.

I must admit the roads around here are pretty rough, the car bangs when going over anything, like trenches dug out then filled and sunk, even going over expansion gaps on long bridges makes me whince. (Pelham bridge in Lincoln has about 10 , ouch) , bang-bang, bang-bang as front and rear goes over.
That seems cured to me. It soaks up the harsh shock and vibration but the feedback is clearer... you can still feel the road in the good sense.
Yes video soon. I’m taking it to the local track in the next week or two.
I will post my evaluation and driving.
I have a professional drone pilot we used during the roof renovation who I could have film it nicely.
I will be interested to see what effect the Wavetrack diff has on handling/oversteer. I’m prepared to sacrifice some rubber to find out.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Fantastic news! I finally got tracking info from FedEx yesterday so I should get them soon. They’re still overseas so I don’t have a delivery date yet but they’re at least coming.

Please share your settings and thoughts. I currently had the dampers set at 9 as recommended. The fronts that are installed I set exactly in the middle of the adjustment range (132.5mm measured from lower bolt to bottom of spring contact area) and with the stock rear suspension still in, the front is basically slammed too low still. But I’ll make final adjustments when I get the rears in.

I may ask you for some ride height measurements if you don’t mind.

It’s great news that you got your tracking information... hopefully it all goes smoothly from here...

At the moment I’m waiting on a goodwill replacement of my right rear coil over from KW, Novitec and squadra... so far no eta... the shock failed in late January... very disappointed with the whole situation I find myself in.

Ap

·
Registered
1,700 Posts

Any update on your impressions and settings?

My replacements are finally stateside after bouncing around Europe for 10 days.

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Variant 2, height and rebound adjustable.

Derwood, I haven’t got the front adjusted up yet I’ve been busy with my other projects. I love how it looks and handles but it’s so low you have to be quite careful.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Variant 2, height and rebound adjustable.

Derwood, I haven’t got the front adjusted up yet I’ve been busy with my other projects. I love how it looks and handles but it’s so low you have to be quite careful.
You're not going to freakin believe this...or maybe you will.

But FedEx showed up today with my package from KW. I go to open the box, and they sent me just ONE rear coilover. The one for the passenger side. I'm beyond angry. I waited 5 weeks to get corrected replacements and get sent just one. KW North America seems to be the ones at fault here since they're the ones that filed the warranty claim and on the order slip, they clearly ordered just one of them. I better not have to wait another 4-5 weeks to get the other one!

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Thats messed up. Why would they order one side?! I hope they send the other a lot faster. I genuinely know how annoying this crap is when you just wanted a coilover kit. I got there in the end after 12 weeks of this stuff, you will be there soon.

·
Super Moderator
9,037 Posts
You're not going to freakin believe this...or maybe you will.

But FedEx showed up today with my package from KW. I go to open the box, and they sent me just ONE rear coilover. The one for the passenger side. I'm beyond angry. I waited 5 weeks to get corrected replacements and get sent just one. KW North America seems to be the ones at fault here since they're the ones that filed the warranty claim and on the order slip, they clearly ordered just one of them. I better not have to wait another 4-5 weeks to get the other one!
Good grief. A example Sod’s Law, “If something can go wrong it will and at the worst possible time.” Sod thought Murphy was an optimist. Hope it all gets sorted quickly.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Thats messed up. Why would they order one side?! I hope they send the other a lot faster. I genuinely know how annoying this crap is when you just wanted a coilover kit. I got there in the end after 12 weeks of this stuff, you will be there soon.
Well I’m at week 7 now. We’ll see where I end up. I just couldn’t believe it. The packing slip clearly stated one was ordered too. KW North America is to blame since they filed the warranty claim. I’ve emailed them but no response yet. I then called and asked directly for the guy I had been speaking to through this, went to voicemail. Left a message but no response yet. Very frustrating.

And then to add salt to the wound. I was also in the process of installing a hi-flow cat while my car is sitting. Ordered it from Madness and waited over a month to receive it since they’re made to order in Italy apparently. I received it earlier this week and went to install it this afternoon. It has numerous issues and also doesn’t fit. The OEM clamp that you need to reuse doesn’t fit onto the car due to where they weld the flange on. And then it doesn’t mate to the turbo. It’s a few mm of.

Extremely frustrating day. I’m now calming down with some scotch.

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
It’s off topic but yesterday a contractor drilled a hole right in the middle huge slab of marble that wasn’t meant to be there so we need another huge slab of marble. I was literally shouting obscenities loud enough to wake the dead. That and a few other things make the silly 4C mishaps pale into insignificance. There ya go.. a solution of sorts. Enjoy the Scotch, cheers.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I just received some good news regarding my one missing coilover. For some reason KW Germany sent one to me, and then sent the other one to their California location. So good news is it was built and it's stateside. They told me they found the package and sending it out to me today. That's a MAJOR relief.

·
Super Moderator
16,535 Posts
It’s off topic but yesterday a contractor drilled a hole right in the middle huge slab of marble that wasn’t meant to be there so we need another huge slab of marble. I was literally shouting obscenities loud enough to wake the dead. That and a few other things make the silly 4C mishaps pale into insignificance. There ya go.. a solution of sorts. Enjoy the Scotch, cheers.
I deal with contractors like this all day long.
Is it any wonder that I'm neurotic? And hoarse? LOL

61 - 79 of 79 Posts