Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm reluctantly looking for smaller SUV to replace an FJ Cruiser - which I've been driving since 2007! This will be a purchase, not lease.

Have spent the last few weeks re-familiarizing myself with what's out there these days, test driving a $34K Mazda CX-30 Turbo on the low end (hell of a bargain), to a $70K BMW X3 M40i on the high end (hell of a motor), and most everything in-between except Volvo (Chinese owned = Non-starter).

At the end of the day a fully loaded 2021 Audi Q3 Premium Plus (MSRP: $48.6K/Sell: $43.8K) edged out a loaded 2021 Stelvio Ti Sport (MSRP $56.7K/$48.2K)

Actually, the Stelvio took itself out of the game by getting sold. It was one of the first I test drove.

Today I visited another dealer who has a $59.7K MSRP Stelvio Ti Sport that's equipped like the one above but with the $2,500 carbon package added. They've begrudgingly agreed to match other dealer's offer of 15% off MSRP, making the sell price $51.2K.

Hoping one or more of the Stelvio owners on here can chime in on whether this sounds like a fair deal?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1969 spider 2016 4c spider 2020 stelvio TI
149 Posts
I got in October 2020 TI with performance pack MSRP $54.995 for $45850. I a steal for 2021 for this price. Try also incentive alfa owners loyalty its $1000.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I’ve had two stelvios. First one I got 8k off of 53 if I remember correctly and it was an 18 ti sport. 2 year lease. Never had an issue with it. Ended up getting a new left over 2019 quad in July of 2020 for 23k off sticker. Also a great car and no issues this far. Stelvio is a great handling suv that helps take some of the suv out of the driving experience.
(My wife wanted an suv for kids and the roads here are rough enough that I’ve had damage to my prior cars from the street)

·
Registered
913 Posts
$23k off a Stelvio Quad, how sweet is that. I so wish Alfa had made good on the promise of a bigger SUV. I need a three row and I'd have gone straight for the Alfa if one was available. A Tahoe-sized mega-barge doesn't fit Alfa's ethos clearly, but there's a huge market in the US for sub-200 inches 3 row crossovers. They've left millions of bucks on the table by not having one.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'd never buy a giulia or stelvio new, they can be had all day used for 40% off msrp within a year or 2. Got a 50.5k sticket giulia from a dealer no negotiating for 27k last year for a model year 2018, with only 8k miles on it.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,720 Posts
YOU SAID Stelvio is a great handling suv that helps take some of the suv out of the driving experience.
Good comment. I suspect that is exactly what sells the Stelvio over competing brands boring offerings.

·
Super Moderator
8,218 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Decision made then?
Yes! Finalized deal over the weekend and completed paperwork on Monday. (Why does it take longer to "close" on a car than a house?)

Vehicle recently arrived in Baltimore. Was told "Sold" vehicles are given priority in determining which get loaded onto hauler for delivery to dealers and that it's typically a 3 to 4 day trip to N Texas plus 1 day for dealer to do their thing.

Estimated delivery in about a week. Worst case scenario two weeks.

Will reluctantly have to sell FJ Cruiser and BRZ to free up some space but feel okay about putting all my automotive eggs in the Alfa Romeo basket - with 10 motorcycles for backup. : )

Thanks for everyone's tips and comments!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Very nicely purchased.

I had assumed it was a vehicle in their inventory, which makes that discount all the more impressive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts