Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about possibly selling my spider
2018 only 400 miles
Curious to see what you think the value would be. Attached some pictures showing the work done to it. Thank you
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
162 Posts
The Pogea wing is a nice add on. All the carbon on black is great. Personally I'd aim for 65k. Any other mods?

·
Registered
373 Posts
I would get the extended waranty for the car and sell it for sticker price if it only has 400miles on it.

I'm sure it would sell for that.

·
Registered
437 Posts
The black/red coupe with a carbon fiber roof and 200 miles sold for $71k on BAT today.

Jeff

·
Registered
437 Posts
I would get the extended waranty for the car and sell it for sticker price if it only has 400miles on it.

I'm sure it would sell for that.
I don't see any reason to get an extended warranty when there is warranty left.

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
9,933 Posts
How did it only get only 400miles on the odometer In 3 years? Has any servicing been done on it?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I don't see any reason to get an extended warranty when there is warranty left.

Jeff
The warranty is noticeably cheaper if the car is 3 years old or less, there is a big increase in cost past that, at least from Mopar. But if there are enough months left before the 3 year mark comes, yes, I would also leave that decision to the buyer.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Extending a warranty is cheaper than adding a new warranty after the original expires, as the new company has to hedge for the risk that you are adding a warranty with a major repair looming as you sit out of warranty.

Having just 400 miles should result in seizure of the auto. Shouldn't even be allowed to sell it. 🤣 🤣 🤣

Buy a poster next time.

·
Registered
668 Posts
The black/red coupe with a carbon fiber roof and 200 miles sold for $71k on BAT today.

Jeff
That car was stock. Sorry to say I think you lose a lot of potential buyers for an uber low mile car when you drill holes in the body to mount a wing.

·
Registered
437 Posts
The warranty is noticeably cheaper if the car is 3 years old or less, there is a big increase in cost past that, at least from Mopar. But if there are enough months left before the 3 year mark comes, yes, I would also leave that decision to the buyer.
i did not find that to be the case. Before the end of 3 years you are extending from the in service date. After three years you are extending from the date you buy the warranty. You have to look at the facts of each situation. In June I extended my warranty on my Giulia QV with one week to go in the original warranty. On a 48 month warranty it was slightly cheaper to buy more miles. Made no sense.

My 4C warranty ran out two weeks ago and I did not see any need to extend the warranty.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
That car was stock. Sorry to say I think you lose a lot of potential buyers for an uber low mile car when you drill holes in the body to mount a wing.
Yes, agree. You may find some buyers who really like it and would have done the same to their car, but broadly speaking, after market body parts are a turnoff for most buyers.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Personally I think that wing is a value add, I’m a bit bias of course as I own it too lol. Worst case scenario it could be removed and patched. I don’t see why it would cause an impactful decrease of value. Plenty of people on and off this forum that love this look.

Curious of the outcome of the sale. Keep it if you can!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Aftermarket parts don't add value to a car. The best possible outcome is that they don't impact the value of the car. More typically, they reduce value.
If it was 400 miles and unmodified, it could command higher money. From looking at past transactions, buyers want unmodified 4Cs given the collectible future classic status. This is especially the case for folks buying very low mileage examples.

I am thinking $60-65k. Lower end of that if the car hasn't been regularly serviced over the past four years, with fluids aging in the systems. If someone intends to drive this car, there will be seals that will have to be replaced or be replaced much earlier than expected. Used cars with very few miles can be an expensive proposition if you intend on driving them.

From a depreciation perspective, that puts each mile that this car was driven at $40-50/mile... not counting inflation, insurance cost, gasoline, taxes. Once you get past the absurdly low miles threshold, the miles have almost no impact on value. Drive your cars, people.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Every piece you tack on a car shrinks the buyer pool. It literally lowers the demand. Since this is the interwebs, I am here to say that this is a rule of thumb and safely applies to the 4C, but your friend's uncle's cousin's neighbor might have added a Lingenfelter package to a Corvette 30 years ago and 'got good money for it.'

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Every piece you tack on a car shrinks the buyer pool. It literally lowers the demand. Since this is the interwebs, I am here to say that this is a rule of thumb and safely applies to the 4C, but your friend's uncle's cousin's neighbor might have added a Lingenfelter package to a Corvette 30 years ago and 'got good money for it.'
Could not agree more, even though I "WANTED" a roll over bar on a car whose front (essentially frameless) windshield can be removed by 4 screws and "DESIRED" the 935 sideskirts, I ensured that the original sideskirts are safely stored away and that the safety bar was secured to the readily available OEM factory harness points. Everything can be returned to original IF I ever wanted...albeit for the last 20+ years "I" enjoyed/enjoy it as I chose! Same goes for the 4C....I still have an OEM crappy 'plastic' centre console although I much prefer the installed @lars gorgeous craftsmanship piece!

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I personally think your mods look great, but, they make that car undriveable on a lot of the roads where I live.
As such, that would affect the people who would be interested in it.

As an example, you would not be able to get up my driveway. Well, you could, but the front splitter would not come with the rest of the 4C. It would get ripped off, then run over by all 4 wheels.

That aside
Put it up for sale at $70k. You can always bargain down with a potential buyer and probably net $65k.

Timing is important on selling price. We are going into the colder months, so buyers that live with snowy winters will not be as interested right now. Come March, when people are starting to look for fun convertible for spring/summer will normally command a better price with more buyers

·
Registered
157 Posts
Nine times out of ten an add on like that will hurt the value. I think it takes away from the styling of the car. It's not intended to be a boy racer car. To each his own, but I favor the Coupe with the 5 hole wheels.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts