Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car scheduled next week at Alfa dealer for bolts, belts, water pump, pulleys and brake flush. 2017 with 2500 miles. Would coolant change be recommended as well?

Anxiety levels climbing as the big day arrives. I assume none of the work above is rocket science, but my lack of trust is interfering with nightly sleep.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I know this is going to get some flaming but all that for only 2,500 miles???!!!!! Sorry, I just can't believe all that needs to be done with such low miles.
But, if it's not a problem 💰 or o_O then more power to ya!!

·
Super Moderator
4C SE, Giulietta Vel, 147, Sud, Guzzi 1100 Sport, Guzzi Le Mans MkV
12,650 Posts
I know this is going to get some flaming but all that for only 2,500 miles???!!!!! Sorry, I just can't believe all that needs to be done with such low miles.
But, if it's not a problem 💰 or o_O then more power to ya!!
I know…Why can’t people (Edit: previous owners) drive their cars and avoid such dilemmas?

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Hey guys, I just got the car a couple months back. I'm working through a littany of health issues at the moment which hasn't allowed much drive time. Hope that's ok with y'all.
Seriously, I knew you just got it. I’m sorry to hear about the health issues and hope everything gets resolved as best as possible as quickly as possible.

More generally, I get people love driving their cars and yes, they were built to be driven but sometimes the forum can overdo it a bit on that topic IMHO. Jeff bought his car like 4 months ago and sounds like he’s had some things going on. Let’s all cut each other some slack…

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Hey guys, I just got the car a couple months back. I'm working through a littany of health issues at the moment which hasn't allowed much drive time. Hope that's ok with y'all.
Sorry to hear about your health issues. I too had my 4C for less than a year before I got diagnosed with cancer. Couldn't drive for at least 9 months. 🤢

I was not commenting on your driving history (You can drive as little or as much as you want!) more to the point that your car has only a limited amount of miles on it... so why would it need all that service? But if it makes you feel more comfort with the car; that's great!

·
Super Moderator
12,650 Posts
Whenever I purchase any used car, regardless of mileage or maintenance records I always do at least the following.
Change the oil
Brake fluid flush
Coolant change
Check out the battery
Check out all belts
Replace old tires (5 years or older) with new ones
Just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. 😊
Yep, do everything so as you have a known base-line.

·
Super Moderator
12,650 Posts
Just edited my comment to specify previous ownership. 😁 Wasn’t meant to be pointing a finger at you. You’re doing what every careful new owner does and services their car to start their relationship at a known base-line. It’s good to see.👍

1 - 13 of 13 Posts