Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

581 - 600 of 656 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
I believe there are 2 ways of reporting the death of a patient:
1) In Italy, Spain, France, Iran --> If a patient has Corona no matter the reason of death he is registered as Corona casualty.
2) USA, Germany, Switzerland, UK, etc --> If the real cause of death is a different cause but the patient also has Corona he is registered with the real cause of death. With or without Corona that patient would have died anyway in a very short time.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ha... and China will have the last laugh when we start ordering boat loads of shit to fill up our dollar stores with crap when this is all over.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I believe there are 2 ways of reporting the death of a patient:
1) In Italy, Spain, France, Iran --> If a patient has Corona no matter the reason of death he is registered as Corona casualty.
2) USA, Germany, Switzerland, UK, etc --> If the real cause of death is a different cause but the patient also has Corona he is registered with the real cause of death. With or without Corona that patient would have died anyway in a very short time.
The number one cause of death is living. Without first being alive, you can't die.

I think it safe (and sad) to say that if someone tests positive for Corona virus and dies you can draw a strong conclusion that it was a material contributing factor. That is, COVID is the "cause" of the death. Otherwise it becomes nonsensical.

If someone is murdered, dies in a completely unrelated accident, etc, I can see that necessarily being removed from the measurement pool. The probability is so slim, however, given the time frame and numbers, that it shouldn't materially change anything. Remember, it isn't like the virus is active for an extended period of time within the time frame of a year. Typically published mortality rates are calculated on an annual basis (e.g., probability of dying within a twelve month period, "per year"). So even the highest causes of death will have incredibly small mortality rates vs. the mortality rate of COVID over the same period of time (~1/25th of a year).

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Proof???? Are you freakin serious??? You should listen to the podcast with Michael Osterholm.
This shit came from CHINA. Anyone denying this is either Mainland Chinese or someone with another agenda. Chinese gov't has to get rid of these Wet Markets where these deadly viruses will breed and cause another horrific pandemic.
We need to get rid of these wet markets regardless, vile places from a medieval time when people knew nothing better. It's only now when it's starting to hurt do we want some kind of action. Think what the animals have to got through, not good.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
We need to get rid of these wet markets regardless, vile places from a medieval time when people knew nothing better. It's only now when it's starting to hurt do we want some kind of action. Think what the animals have to got through, not good.
Fuckers cook animals alive. I seriously hate those people.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Those live animal markets have been known to be a cause and risk for these sorts of pandemics for a while. It has been China's policy to allow them to go on for purely political reasons. They absolutely should be shut down.

The global community should also make claims for reparations against China when this is done, for allowing domestic political considerations to allow these incredibly risky markets to flourish. It would be similar to a nuclear plant incident where the government knew of major violations and it severely impacted neighboring countries. There isn't great precedent as Chernobyl (for example) impacted mostly soviet states. At least in a measurable way in the short-term. Europe was impacted but the severity was not deemed consequential at the time.

Of course, it is a tough claim to make and unlikely to go anywhere. Also, forcing reparations in times of economic distress have had realllly bad consequences in the past... Some sort of message must be communicated that this is intolerable. Not so much for punishment but as a deterrent to allowing this to continue. Remember that on a per capita basis, China has barely been impacted by COVID-19 and so the effect (on the health side) has been massively disproportionate. Economically they may be impacted heavily as their export markets sink but that is not nearly as big an impact as many, many other communities globally are enduring.

Again, I still see 40% of the blame on policies outside China, particularly apathetic initial responses driven by short-term thinking. But China absolutely needs to get the message that they can't be the epicenter of exotic viruses and also be the epicenter of global manufacturing (and nearly global commerce) at the same time.

·
Registered
390 Posts
FESTIVAL OF SPEED POSTPONED

Dear xxxx

I wanted to write to you and let you know personally about our plans for this year’s Festival of Speed presented by Mastercard. Following all that’s happened in the last few weeks and the advice we have received from the UK Government, we have decided to postpone the Festival to later in the year.

We obviously want to be sure of choosing the best possible date; this will require some careful consideration and as soon as we have that we will let you know. Whatever we decide to do I can assure you it will be just as fantastic a celebration of everything we love and enjoy as you would expect. Most likely it will happen late summer, early autumn and, of course, your tickets and hospitality bookings will remain valid for the new date.

We will continue to review plans for the Goodwood Revival, in the hope that the event will go ahead as planned on September 11-13th, as well as the rescheduling of the 78th Members’ Meeting.

These are dramatic and unbelievable times but they will pass and we are already trying to think about just how exciting it’s going to be to welcome you all back to Goodwood for what perhaps might be the ‘Greatest Event Ever’.

If you need any further information about the event, please visit our website for coronavirus FAQs.

·
Registered
381 Posts
So now it’s an issue since it’s impacting “Ow! My balls” and “Rehabilitation“. That is not OK.

Damn coved-19.

·
Registered
723 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Down to my last six employees from a total of 32 before this BS. I started with one employee and after five years over 30 employees and now looks like starting all over again. If this goes on for another month or two then many small businesses will not exist. Absolute fcking BS.

"Infinite QE means America goes Zimbabwe"

·
Super Moderator
14,028 Posts

• This is absolute bullshit.
Well, actually it is fiction. But clever coincidence just the same.

OTOH, THIS is BS:

Chinese officials lying to everyone. These fckers have to pay.

If you find a reliable news organization willing to publish that drivel, then let me know and I'll gladly reconsider. But "The Epoch Times" is not one. Neither is Breitbart. No doubt that lots of cases went un-reported, largely because they were not tested. But China has tested more people for Covid-19 than the rest of the world combined.

Meanwhile, I can guarantee that the US (and Canadian, and Italian, and Spanish, and UK) figures for actual infections are significantly higher than reported. And most state governments acknowledge this. It's not a coverup but rather a lag in testing piled onto insufficient (and originally inaccurate in the USA) test kits.

581 - 600 of 656 Posts