Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

601 - 620 of 657 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,028 Posts
Epoch Times may not be the New York Times but still better than BS coming from Beijing. These criminals are still denying the Tiananmen Square massacre.
Oh, you mean that "nasty little inconvenience" a few years back?
The one they must not talk about? ;)

Definitely - The Chinese regime (including all of it local officials) can and usually do play fast and loose with the truth.
There is plenty of that to go around in the world today.
There are some otherwise smart people who dispute evolution or deny the Holocaust, and Turkey as a state still refutes the Armenian genocide, although the jury is back on all of these.

Interestingly, China lied and covered this up to their own people (I'm pretending to be shocked about this, but it's not working) for almost a month longer than to the outside world.
They reported to the WHO at on December 30 that there was something serious going on. They did not make a similar announcement to the Chinese people in general (or so I have read) until January 20.

·
Super Moderator
14,028 Posts
I know plenty of westerners who eat fresh lobster and crab. How do you think they are cooked?
I suspect some Tennessee hillbillies prefer their squirrel and possum served up the same way. ;)

It's not a shock that this thing came out of China as so many flu strains do. But it is also far from impossible that it might come out of another country next time.

·
Super Moderator
14,028 Posts
All the barbers are closed. I just shaved my head. Feels good. I never realized how nice it was to have a buzz cut.
I know, eh! Wanted to get a haircut last weekend, but felt it just wasn't worth the risk (even though the chance of infection is still incredibly low here, it is by no means zero).

The simple services that you don't appreciate until they are taken away.

·
Super Moderator
14,028 Posts
My old school friend in Rome whom has a daughter working in London was sent this last night via Messenger. I wasn’t going to retype it so will post screenshots of it. Please read regarding self-detection of the virus and preventative measures to take.
Interesting stuff.
The only thing that I do not understand (my non-medical background showing here) is the temperature thing.
The quoted temps at which the virus should die, are well below normal core body temperatures. So why would that alone not kill it? Because it stays in the airflow of the esophagus and lungs which remains cooler?

·
Super Moderator
14,028 Posts
Meanwhile, I think that somewhere there is a village that's missing its idiot.

President Trump is apparently (I'm hoping this is another mis-quote) considering placing troops along the Canada-US boarder to prevent irregular crossings (for those who do not know, most of our common border is un-fenced and unprotected frontier).

Current COVID-19 stats:
USA 80,071 confirmed cases, 1,151 deaths
Canada 3,897 confirmed cases, 37 deaths.

AND, we have free health care.

Do you really think that anyone in their right mind would leave here for there right now?

#"No Canadian" is trending right now. That would be why.

:ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
14,028 Posts
The temp bit had me thinking too, is it legit or not, but the rest of the advice appears sound.
Yes, on reflection I think that it stays on the surface and in the airflow (mouth esophagus and lungs) where the ambient air temperature cools the surface to a more virus-friendly level.

Just guessing, but would jive.

I agree that the advice seems excellent, and is similar to what you can find mainly by sifting through hours upon hours of news coverage.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Meanwhile, I think that somewhere there is a village that's missing its idiot.

President Trump is apparently (I'm hoping this is another mis-quote) considering placing troops along the Canada-US boarder to prevent irregular crossings (for those who do not know, most of our common border is un-fenced and unprotected frontier).

Current COVID-19 stats:
USA 80,071 confirmed cases, 1,151 deaths
Canada 3,897 confirmed cases, 37 deaths.

AND, we have free health care.

Do you really think that anyone in their right mind would leave here for there right now?

#"No Canadian" is trending right now. That would be why.

:ROFLMAO:
The troops are there to keep us Americans from escaping in to Canada

·
Super Moderator
5,925 Posts
Yes, on reflection I think that it stays on the surface and in the airflow (mouth esophagus and lungs) where the ambient air temperature cools the surface to a more virus-friendly level.

Just guessing, but would jive.

I agree that the advice seems excellent, and is similar to what you can find mainly by sifting through hours upon hours of news coverage.
One of my ex-students is a doctor working at Westmead Hospital. I’ll try to get a response from her. She might know the answer or defer to a colleague in Virology....They might be a little busy at the moment so an answer might not be too immediate.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Type some of the distinct phrases from that post to google and should find where it’s debunked. Basically it’s someone giving very bad advice And pretending they have knowledge that they don’t.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I know plenty of westerners who eat fresh lobster and crab. How do you think they are cooked?
I don’t think that justifies putting live mammals into a pot and cooking them alive, two wrongs don’t make a right. We can’t turn a blind eye.

thankfully many chefs in U.K. are killing the lobster and crab humanely

601 - 620 of 657 Posts