Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to change my spider from grey seats to red. How can i do this? What will it cost?

I can hardly find much prices online for many 4C parts at all.

·
Super Moderator
13,299 Posts
Well, the good news is that you can DIY the work.

The bad news is finding someone who wants to trade seats with you. I do not know for certain, but expect that Alfa will want an arm, leg, and both testicles for factory ones (and then you get to store your old ones somewhere - maybe upgrade your living room furniture (and secure that divorce you always wanted)??? ;)

Moral of the story is, check with your dealer on the price of new, post an advert in the classified section for WTB red seats, and also consider having your stock ones re-covered. There have been a few forum members who have gone that way and it's worked out well. Maybe @lars would be willing to assist. Sorry that I've forgotten where you are from - he's in the US north east, I believe.

Moving thread to "Interior" section of the forum.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, the good news is that you can DIY the work.

The bad news is finding someone who wants to trade seats with you. I do not know for certain, but expect that Alfa will want an arm, leg, and both testicles for factory ones (and then you get to store your old ones somewhere - maybe upgrade your living room furniture (and secure that divorce you always wanted)??? ;)

Moral of the story is, check with your dealer on the price of new, post an advert in the classified section for WTB red seats, and also consider having your stock ones re-covered. There have been a few forum members who have gone that way and it's worked out well. Maybe @lars would be willing to assist. Sorry that I've forgotten where you are from - he's in the US north east, I believe.

Moving thread to "Interior" section of the forum.
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just went to Sparco site its weird. No mention of compatible cars or color. So...they only come in black and will fit in any car from Hummer to i3??

·
Registered
211 Posts
Here are the Tilletts from Alfa9 - they can be used with the factory side mounts.

Tilletts

If you look at car-part.com there is a salvage yard in CA with some black leather seats for $550 each which isn't awful. You could have them shipped to Lars and he could make them red for you. Any way you slice it changing seats in a 4C is a pricey proposition unless you find someone who wants to swap with you.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I'm guessing it's not really a thing to have color options for seats? They just make them in Black mostly it seems. Kind of like ordering a hammer. I wouldn't expect to see color options there either.

·
Super Moderator
13,299 Posts
So I'm guessing it's not really a thing to have color options for seats? They just make them in Black mostly it seems. Kind of like ordering a hammer. I wouldn't expect to see color options there either.
The factory colour options for seats were black leather with microfibre inserts, black learher, red leather, and grey cloth.

Cloth is least common, followed by red leather.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The factory colour options for seats were black leather with microfibre inserts, black learher, red leather, and grey cloth.

Cloth is least common, followed by red leather.
No I was talking about buying seats. I haven't seen one website that mentions color options that sells seats. They don't even mention car's most of the time. They literally just show you a bunch of different seats with different prices and that's it. You click on the seat it goes in your car and then you can pay for it and they ship it to you. There is no color button of any type.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Just a color change? Spend some time in the various threads. There are a number of seat swaps that have been done, including re-skinning the existing seats. The re-skinning seems like a good choice to me.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just really want that red color or even I think there's a tan one or champagne. The interior it's nothing really to brag about so it could use a little extra something and I think a simple seat color change could do that especially considering it in itself would be rare in this already rare car. I don't think there's many red seats in red four seas or any color 4C for that matter.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Maybe you can find some useful information in this thread...

·
Super Moderator
3,300 Posts
I think you would be better off visiting some custom upholstery shops. They can most likely do exactly what you want in high quality red leather and less than buying new seats from ALFA. Where do you live....perhaps other Forum members could help you find a shop. I have a friend here in S/E Michigan who does custom seats and works for GM doing upholstery for show cars. Perhaps you could pull the stock seat covers off and ship to him to duplicate in exactly what you want. But I would check in your local area first....should be plenty of shops that can do this.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You may indeed find someone to swap with you. Free if it's near you. Personally I do not like the red seats, and almost bought one that had red bc of price and other options. I would've gladly traded if I had bought that car!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Here are the Tilletts from Alfa9 - they can be used with the factory side mounts.

Tilletts

If you look at car-part.com there is a salvage yard in CA with some black leather seats for $550 each which isn't awful. You could have them shipped to Lars and he could make them red for you. Any way you slice it changing seats in a 4C is a pricey proposition unless you find someone who wants to swap with you.
There are pretty sweet, I have the Recaro SPGs and I'm not a huge fan. I know those seats make it a bit more cramped, but that and the side mount bar for the harness (alfa 9 red harness bar) make it a real struggle to get in and out.... I'm considering reskining the stock seats or storing / selling the SPGs for other options....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts