Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my car detailed & noticed there are cracks under my doors. Anyone else have this issue?!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Did the 'detailer' happen to do a wheels off? Looks like they tried to lift without knowing the proper method. This is NOT normal, since not my car and don't know history can't say when occurred (obviously).

Nevermind, didn't realize that is under door, I assumed it was the body under door, not the actual door. Wow, no idea how that one happened. I can again say it's not normal though. I was actually cleaning under my doors this weekend so pretty good idea of what they are supposed to look like.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did the 'detailer' happen to do a wheels off? Looks like they tried to lift without knowing the proper method. This is NOT normal, since not my car and don't know history can't say when occurred (obviously).

Nevermind, didn't realize that is under door, I assumed it was the body under door, not the actual door. Wow, no idea how that one happened. I can again say it's not normal though. I was actually cleaning under my doors this weekend so pretty good idea of what they are supposed to look like.
I was detailing it w a friend.... car sits in my garage & never been in an accident. I will contact dealer in a few weeks when i have time. Its crazy! Thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
Did you buy the car new?
What shop or dealership worked on your car?

It appears that the car was lowered from a lift with the door opened and it hit something on the way down. Definitely not normal and never heard of this happening to anybody else. Please keep us posted of your findings. Not the end of the world, but I would be very upset.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you buy the car new?
What shop or dealership worked on your car?

It appears that the car was lowered from a lift with the door opened and it hit something on the way down. Definitely not normal and never heard of this happening to anybody else. Please keep us posted of your findings. Not the end of the world, but I would be very upset.
Its on both doors, so seems strange that that would happen. I bought the car new. the last place i got the car back from was the van nuys dealership. They did work on the car under warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
I would be highly suspicious of the dealership. I don't trust them at all. That's where I would start. Find out if they have any video recordings of the service area.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For sure. Im going to talk to customer care. I will ask about, recordings, thats a great recommendation. Ya, every time i take it to Van Nuys, CA it’s terrible. Long story short they painted my lid & it’s slightly off... but I‘ve been told it’s very hard to match paint. Do u think i should contact the dealership that sold it to me? I am very sad. It really had to be Van Nuys it was the last place the car was at. I always wash it myself and I dry underneath the doors. Today when I did it the towel got caught & snagged, so I got underneath the see why 😢. Both doors have damage underneath. I have all the paperwork of every service.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Was just thinking how this can happen. Perhaps lowering the car on the hoist with the doors open?

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
You need remember when was the car serviced last and when you washed it after being serviced. In other words narrow down to a time frame. These doors won’t crack on their own. It definitely looks like it suffered a hit.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
I highly doubt if those doors came like that from the factory, specially when the Op has previously washed his car.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
why would they ever have the doors open while lowering it down, especially both of them?
Google 'car falls off lift' under Images and you'll wonder about a lot of things.

Whatever they did and why might remain a mystery forever, because there is an infinite amount of things possible.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
Another possibility would have been that the doors were removed during a repair and placed somewhere that damaged them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Another possibility would have been that the doors were removed during a repair and placed somewhere that damaged them.
i was thinking that. the dealership replaced the panel and the door handle on the drivers side door june 2020. they replaced the panel bc it wasn't on tight and the door handle bc it was peeling. so maybe that is when it happened. i had a a body shop look at it today and he is completely perplexed because he said the top bolt of the drivers side door was tampered w/and probably removed but no signs of the bottom one was. he said the bolt on the passenger side door on the bottom was tampered with and maybe removed but not the top one. he also said the door is carbon fiber so he doesnt understand how that could happen, what sort of trauma could break thru it like that. he said unless both doors were open while on the lift. but he doesnt understand how anyone could be that careless.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts