Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm proposing to start a thread about cars which seem priced attractively.

I'd like to start with this one (no affiliation whatsoever) which probably many of you have noticed when checking the blue car on eBay. Seems like very good value to me at $43k if there are no stories, can probably be had for a price with a 3 handle if you want to haggle a bit.

Options from the sticker at https://www.alfaromeousa.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=ZARBAAA41GM175220:

Black Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats $1,500

4C Coupe Package 22C Coupe Track Package 1 $2,300
Carbon Fiber Exterior Mirrors​
Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler​
Leather / Microfiber Steering Wheel​
Race Tuned Suspension​

Bi-Xenon Headlamps $1,000

Sport Tuned Dual Exhaust $500

17" x 7" and 18" x 8" Black Diamond Alloy Wheels $700

Leather-Trimmed Interior $2,000

Alfa Romeo Red Performance Brake Calipers $300
DESTINATION CHARGE $1,595

TOTAL PRICE: * $65,795

·
Registered
304 Posts
Seems pretty under equipped and higher mileage to command that price, I think high 30s would be an okay price for it

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a no-frills build, which I don't think it's a bad thing, and 30k is on the high end of mileage for 4Cs only because most people drive them very sparingly, but it's not high mileage in the grand scheme of things for a modern car.

I think it's very good value in that price's zipcode unless there are stories like accident history, branded title etc.

·
Registered
304 Posts
High $30s?? You won't see $30s unless is a scam or there is an issue with the car.
this was a car in the high 30s

The ebay car doesn't have any CF package, convenience package, and doesn't have premium wheels etc

It's a no-frills build, which I don't think it's a bad thing, and 30k is on the high end of mileage for 4Cs only because most people drive them very sparingly, but it's not high mileage in the grand scheme of things for a modern car.

I think it's very good value in that price's zipcode unless there are stories like accident history, branded title etc.
For sure, but when you're comparing you're comparing the prices of that car and mileage vs other cars for sale with much lower mileage. I'm not saying it's a bad deal but I certainly dont think it's a bargain either

·
Registered
313 Posts
I was just wondering if we had a thread of this kind going on....
a buddy sent me this link. MB dealer near me. They have a pretty good reputation and often have high end cars of different makes. Price and options look pretty good to me.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts

The ebay car doesn't have any CF package, convenience package, and doesn't have premium wheels etc

For sure, but when you're comparing you're comparing the prices of that car and mileage vs other cars for sale with much lower mileage. I'm not saying it's a bad deal but I certainly dont think it's a bargain either
This particular car that sold in BAT for $38,500 plus 5% BAT fees, total $40,425 was a steal at the selling price. Look around and you won't find one near that price in the condition and miles the BAT one sold for.

·
Registered
72 Posts

^^^ That is an insane bargain and one of the cars I have the biggest regrets missing out on. I'm sitting around hoping for one of those deals to show up again! But the majority of the market is just not trending that way - from what I've gathered that auction was an outlier; it was the second cheapest (only by $500) ever sold on BaT.

I was just wondering if we had a thread of this kind going on....
a buddy sent me this link. MB dealer near me. They have a pretty good reputation and often have high end cars of different makes. Price and options look pretty good to me.
I've mentioned that specific car in this thread here - a VIN search on the forum should bring it up. I was the first to see it in VA (day after they got it in). I've been tracking that car since it was listed privately showing the accident damage. Feel free to shoot me any questions about it.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What do you guys think of this one. One-owner 2018 stripper (only options are the bigger wheels and the Akra) with 14k miles which probably can be had for $45k or so.

·
Registered
71 Posts
What do you guys think of this one. One-owner 2018 stripper (only options are the bigger wheels and the Akra) with 14k miles which probably can be had for $45k or so.

I called them 3 times and each time they promised to send me some video walkthrough of the car, but they never did. They don't seems to be motivated. Anyway my schedule free up and was able to fly down to Oregon and purchase a much nicer, lower mileage, and well equipped 4c from a fellow member here.

Also looking at the listing, there are some misc charges adding up to $1200. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I looked at that one, the dealer has put a big charge of $899 for dealer service fees and then an additional $299 for electronic titling fees. Laughable. Outrageous. Here the state limits the dealer to $150 for document fees which is what this dealer has renamed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Price history on this one: Price reduced from $56,997 1/09/20, Price reduced from $54,997 15/09/20, Price reduced from $53,497 30/10/20. Price reduced from $51,777 7/11/20, now down to $48.2k

Almost $10k off and - after this weekend - will be a full 3 months sitting on their lot.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Interesting. Sounds like those guys were out of touch with prices. I'd be surprised if it didn't move at this point though, "fee" shenanigans notwithstanding.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts