Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've nearly finished making this for the rear cup holder. It started life as some aluminium guttering brackets which I melted down and then recast as this cap. It's sitting on a small 3D printed insertthat helps to keep it in place in the cup holder. The cap still needs a bit more sanding and then will be finished off with a clear lacquer spray. I'm doing something a little different for the forward cup holder - I'm just waiting for the 3D printer to finish the last bit. (I don't use the holders for drinks - mostly loose change.)
IMG_1040.JPG
IMG_1040.JPG

·
Registered
2016 4C Spider + 1985 Ferrari 308 GTS QV Black on White + 1981 Delorean DMC12 "6MT" Tesla P90 Swap!
339 Posts
Beautiful craftsmanship... Is it tight yet easy to open? What about etching a logo or QV for luck? Love it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It's a little bit of a loose fit at the moment. I'll reprint the plastic insert that sits underneath so that it's a gentle push fit. The 4C logo is going on the next lid I do for the forward holder - here's the 3D printed mock-up. I'll try to make a casting of this in aluminium again.

IMG_1044.JPG

·
Registered
827 Posts
Thanks. It's a little bit of a loose fit at the moment. I'll reprint the plastic insert that sits underneath so that it's a gentle push fit. The 4C logo is going on the next lid I do for the forward holder - here's the 3D printed mock-up. I'll try to make a casting of this in aluminium again.

View attachment 106848
I am certain if you can create both pieces (lid and Aluminum "Cup" Insert) to replace the OEM plastic holder (at a reasonable price) you might have 100+ sales just on this board! :)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I can send you some aluminium (pure) if you need it, we could strike a deal maybe :)

It’s looking good btw,!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
At the end of the day, and life, isn't it all fool's gold....
The older I get the more this is true, sometimes I wonder what's the point. The4C is a way of keeping me this side of the unknown haha. The 4C saved me 💀😎

·
Registered
2016 4C Spider + 1985 Ferrari 308 GTS QV Black on White + 1981 Delorean DMC12 "6MT" Tesla P90 Swap!
339 Posts
While time makes sad jokers of us all, at least we had the luck and strike to get and slide about a thing like an Alfa, and its the little things. The Alfa lets a dude abide, good call

1 - 12 of 12 Posts