yah or nah

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to share a project I was passion about doing for while! This of course was not the cheapest option, but wanted a few things that just are not available.

Features include-
-arm rest that is confortable and apprears stock
-phone holder and charging port to connect to radio display
-place for more storage, garage opener, change, etc..
-keeps original cup holder and seemlessly follows design lauaguage

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to share a project I was passion about doing for while! This of course was not the cheapest option, but wanted a few things that just are not available.

Features include-
-arm rest that is confortable and apprears stock
-phone holder and charging port to connect to radio display
-place for more storage, garage opener, change, etc..
-keeps original cup holder and seemlessly follows design lauaguage

Very nice Beau,the height looks like it's at a comfort zone also, obviously they come in red sticking also.Now what's the damage for one of these babies mate..

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice Beau,the height looks like it's at a comfort zone also, obviously they come in red sticking also.Now what's the damage for one of these babies mate..
its a tough one, if I was wrapping it myself It would be much cheaper as it would only be material cost. but since I cant do this to save my life, I have to pay someone plus the base parts to wrap.

right now if we had a group buy of minimum 30, it would be $1,350. which is much more than people would spend in my opinon. Thats after I beat up my supplier and tried to get parts made cheaper.

·
Super Moderator
10,416 Posts
right now if we had a group buy of minimum 30, it would be $1,350. which is much more than people would spend in my opinon. Thats after I beat up my supplier and tried to get parts made cheaper.
Gulp! I was going to ask about the cigarette lighter position because I always drive with a gps connected to it, but at that price, lovely idea and all, it’s too much for me.

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gulp! I was going to ask about the cigarette lighter position because I always drive with a gps connected to it, but at that price, lovely idea and all, it’s too much for me.
if I could find a local supplier that can just wrap the leather and match stitching, I think I could probably cut it down to 850 range. but still not great. would have to be able to trust the quality control though which makes it hard.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
its a tough one, if I was wrapping it myself It would be much cheaper as it would only be material cost. but since I cant do this to save my life, I have to pay someone plus the base parts to wrap.

I know a guy who could do the wraping and material install ..... 😉

·
Registered
2016 4C 2018 Stelvio
106 Posts
@designbybeau. Just curious. Where are your highest costs? This looks like it could be CAD printed in resin/plastic. Shouldn’t be too expensive. I’m assuming it’s the finishing that’s driving the cost.
$1350 maybe all Carbon Fiber/alcantara inside.
I would say +-$600 $800 leather wrapped.

·
Registered
271 Posts
@designbybeau just a design thought - did you consider implementing a small recess to allow you to pull the cover up (i.e. where your finger tip could grab onto)? I'm thinking if that magnet is strong the user might be trying to find a place to grip to open the cover.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What I put together a couple of years ago. First one was foam Second was pine Third is in the picture and made of cherry. Fourth one may look better and I may put a cushion on top like yours but keep a wood accent. Thanks for the picture.
No phone holder, imitation leather on bottom and the armrest locks it in place using the first cupholder.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@designbybeau just a design thought - did you consider implementing a small recess to allow you to pull the cover up (i.e. where your finger tip could grab onto)? I'm thinking if that magnet is strong the user might be trying to find a place to grip to open the cover.
yes, can easily put one, was trying to keep it clean look. but was thinking a small notch on the side would be good.

·
Registered
271 Posts
yes, can easily put one, was trying to keep it clean look. but was thinking a small notch on the side would be good.
Not sure how doable this is, but you could potentially remove some material and make a recess under the front of the cover where it lifts, like the recess at the front of macbooks, so it could be super minimal and keep your design clean

Brown Computer Personal computer Laptop Communication Device

1 - 20 of 26 Posts