Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

yes or no

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

Registered
When I look at the car I notice the curves first, then my eyes go to the engine under glass. With this I'm drawn to the engine cover first and the curves become secondary. Again, it's my taste and not everyone has to agree. The design is well thought out and I'm sure many of you will buy it.
If you are close enough to the car to focus on the engine cover you are too close to see all of the curves of the car.

Jeff

Registered
My "No" vote was because I'm a minimalist guy. I don't want anything taking away from the sweet sexy lines the car has. While I must say it is a high quality product, it's not for me.
You and me both! It is definitely beautiful but I cant even get myself to stick those little Italian flags I bought from Alfa Romeo for the 4c on the rear quarters after the doors.馃ぃ

Registered
2016 Alfa Romeo 4C
I would like to have this too, but I'm waiting on the mirrors! Gonna need some time to refill my piggy bank before the next splurge!

Registered
2016 alfa 4c
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Update: I have ordered a 3D printed version of the spyder version. should be here next week. then i will need to meet up with someone to test.

PS: everyone that is worried about the way it looks, it is exactly the same, just a bit lower to avoid hitting the trunk lid on the sides. but you cant even tell the difference.

Registered
2016 alfa 4c
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
UPDATE: I have tested the 3D printed version and it fit! I will start tooling this week and try to get enough deposits to cover the new tooling.
below is a picture of the 3D printed. For everyones ease of mind, the engine cover looks exactly the same, only had to shave off a half of inch of hieght on the sides to fit right.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior

Registered
I would like to have this too, but I'm waiting on the mirrors! Gonna need some time to refill my piggy bank before the next splurge!
smc4C, I have the CF engine cover , it's not cheap but it is spectacular and excellent quality, got compliments from the high end Lamborghini ,McLaren crowd , you will not ever regret the purchase. Go on the ramen noodle diet for a while and buy the cover, I doubt Beau would do a third run. I too have ordered and paid for the CF mirrors and the climate control knobs. I guess when it comes to cars I have a tendency to spend money like drunken sailor, Just ask Lars, he like Beau is a high dollar enabler. No regrets

Registered
2016 alfa 4c
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Quick update!

Tooling has been started,, thank you to everyone who made a deposit to help out!
Tooling timeline- 30 days
produce 30 sets of parts- 30 days

hopefully this will be move faster, but that is the timeline we have right now. I will update as soon as tooling is complete and first part is on the way to test.

Registered
2018 Rosso Competizione 4C Spider, 2019 Rosso Competizione Giulia Quadrifoglio
unfortunately not, the HVAC knobs required too many people to commit at one time. Its hard to sell a minuminum order of 50 to get price point down far enough to make it affortable for everyone.
@designbybeau, would you be willing to post a survey to see if you can get 50 buyers? Some recent group buys and the turnover in owners suggest we may have a shot at doing 50. Plus, your setup costs and trials should be absent. This is just another production run. :)

Reactions: Jec1us

Registered
2018 Rosso Competizione 4C Spider, 2019 Rosso Competizione Giulia Quadrifoglio
@designbybeau, would you be willing to post a survey to see if you can get 50 buyers? Some recent group buys and the turnover in owners suggest we may have a shot at doing 50. Plus, your setup costs and trials should be absent. This is just another production run. :)
I personally might buy two sets. I鈥檝e been toying with idea of buying a second 4C (shhhh - don鈥檛 tell my wife).

21 - 40 of 51 Posts