Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

yes or no

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Very important for spyder owners installing!!!!!
I have included 2 acorn nuts to replace the below nuts on the vent directly above the middle section. see below image for reference. the 2 blue circles are where you need to install the acorn nuts included in the box. the motor moves alot under acceleration and can cause scratches on cover. these plastic acorn nuts will keep it from getting damaged.
Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

·
Registered
23 Posts
Got mine today, a few days earlier than tracker predicted, which is surprising for USPS. Was worth the wait, it's a beautiful piece. That said, given the price, I'll nit a bit and call out that it had a couple of small blemishes, nothing I found concerning and one won't notice unless really looking, and I'll have to see of I can play with the fit a bit because as you can see in the last pic below the left side by the coolant reservoir makes minor contact with the foil liner in the engine bay by the trunk. Also, PSA, the smaller red fins on top can be quite sharp, I wasn't paying attention and cut my finger on one. Overall I'm happy with the look. Cheers 🍻
Black Textile Sleeve Grey Rectangle

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood Grille

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
189 Posts
Just received mine, unfortunately it was damaged :(

Sleeve Grey Automotive design Electric blue Auto part

Even though signature is required, nobody knocked on my door, it was just left outside the door.
I have emailed Beau and see how this is going to be handled. Disappointed.

·
Registered
2018 Rosso Competizione 4C Spider, 2019 Rosso Competizione Giulia Quadrifoglio
236 Posts

View attachment 130100

Even though signature is required, nobody knocked on my door, it was just left outside the door.
That looks quite fixable, by repairing (glue) the plastic frame or replacing the plastic frame (which Beau probably has).
If your CF is uncracked and unmarred, it’s not so bad.
(I hope I don’t sound unsympathetic - just trying to say it’s fixable!)

-T

Reactions: roadsterdoc

·
Registered
840 Posts
That looks quite fixable, by repairing (glue) the plastic frame or replacing the plastic frame (which Beau probably has).
If your CF is uncracked and unmarred, it’s not so bad.
(I hope I don’t sound unsympathetic - just trying to say it’s fixable!)

-T
🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫

I bid $150 for your broken cover
😁

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·

View attachment 130100

yes, USPS never fails to break just about everything I send. even if it was in a bulletproof case.

No worries on this one, I will send a new bracket, it just screws on using the screws you can see from the top side.

·
Registered
2016 Alfa Romeo 4C
1,453 Posts
The oil filler neck looks very deep? Is it like that on the coupe version? I don't see why it needs to be soo deep. It would be a nightmare to change the oil with that still on. Of course, non of us would do it that way!
It still looks fantastic Beau, I wish I had enough fun coupons to get this too!

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
The oil filler neck looks very deep? Is it like that on the coupe version? I don't see why it needs to be soo deep. It would be a nightmare to change the oil with that still on. Of course, non of us would do it that way!
I agree its a deep hole, the stock cover also is pretty deep to reach the cap. and definitly recommend removing the cover before adding oil, unless you want it all over the new cover!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah it's still fairly deep on the coupe. For reference, my pics a few posts up are of my coupe. Funnel, or remove cover will be the route.

·
Premium Member
15 Madreperla white/red, BMW 1M, 996 Turbo, 69 Datsun 2000, 17 STI, 04 Baja Turbo, 89 Trooper RS
345 Posts
Cover received and installed. It improves the engine bay tremendously. Instantly went from looking like a John Deere tractor cover to an exotic supercar. Thanks Beau!

PS- should the oem or another insulation be added to the underside of this CF cover?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Cover received and installed. It improves the engine bay tremendously. Instantly went from looking like a John Deere tractor cover to an exotic supercar. Thanks Beau!

PS- should the oem or another insulation be added to the underside of this CF cover?
Without pictures it didn't happen!!

Sent from my ASUS_I005DC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·

So I am going to send everyone links for the mesh inserts and insulation to install. these can be found on amazon, not expensive and easy to put in. I will post video to show how to do it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
So I am going to send everyone links for the mesh inserts and insulation to install. these can be found on amazon, not expensive and easy to put in. I will post video to show how to do it.
Inserts are personal taste I know, but is there specific value in adding the insulation Beau? Thanks.

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Inserts are personal taste I know, but is there specific value in adding the insulation Beau? Thanks.
i dont have any specs on whether or not its going to make a difference, i dont have any on mine, had it for 10 months now, no issues. its a personal preference really. but the mesh grill does make a great difference in aesthetics.

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
@designbybeau could you post the links in Amazon to the recommended mesh & insulation? I'd like to order now so I'm ready to go when cover arrives. Thanks!
below are the links, you can find any brand you like, these are just what I found. you will need some metal cutting shears for the mesh, it is aluminum so it cuts very easily.

Aluminum Alloy Automotive Grille Insert Bumper Hexagon Hole 6x12mm-
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08T8HGCY...d_r=7b8d49d4-a77a-4117-8426-5ce9a1f1a880&th=1

insulation- Reflective Foam Insulation Shield-
https://www.amazon.com/US-Energy-Pr...ightweight+thermal+insulation,tools,84&sr=1-1

you can attach these however you like, I used some double sided tape or you can use hot glue gun. your choice.
double sided tape-

61 - 79 of 79 Posts