Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone, for those of you that have followed the journey from the first concepts, I finally got the first set of prototypes in from the machine shop. After designing and testing the parts myself, the parts are better than I expected. All parts are CNC machined and anodized with a knurl finish touch. So excited they turned out better than expected.

I did an install video (be nice, it’s my first Youtube video haha)

Please read first!!!! Please dont ask for prices here as there are restrictions on the forums for selling products, you can find more information in the below link.
For more info - Project Alfa - Design by beau

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
The paddles look great. When making any type of turn, do the paddles interfere with your hands on the wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
To be clear - are the photos you posted in the first post of this thread actual parts installed, or photoshops of the designs?

·
Super Moderator
6,501 Posts
To be clear - are the photos you posted in the first post of this thread actual parts installed, or photoshops of the designs?
As far as I can see they (the first photos of the thread) are renders, not actual examples of finished products.

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The first post where renderings of the design. Now I just got the parts in from CNC shop

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The paddles look great. When making any type of turn, do the paddles interfere with your hands on the wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was able to drive normally with no issues. but I can see if you had a panic turn and really grabbed the steering wheel you can clip them. They wont switch gears though when this happens, you have to pull on them where the originals are to really switch gears. otherwise normal driving I dont seem to clip them, and I can wrap my hand around steering wheel without an issue.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
If you watch the youtube video you can see the actual parts being installed.....
Gotcha, missed that at first.

The parts all turned out incredibly well. However, no matter the price everyone who spends the money on the HVAC knobs is going to want the slider too. It looks so good, now no one will be able to settle for just the knobs without it. Especially if you‘re spending a grand on sprucing up the cosmetics.

One question: Why is the Alfa logo off center on the center knob? That would drive me nuts and would be a deal breaker for me. Did you just shift it over to make room for the indicator dot?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
The first post where renderings of the design. Now I just got the parts in from CNC shop
The first post in this thread? Now after watching the video I’m thinking the pics you just posted at the top with the video are the real items. The mix of how good renders are now and the filters applied by camera phones is making it hard to tell. Plus how well they turned out, almost looks too good to be true 😃.

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

The parts all turned out incredibly well. However, no matter the price everyone who spends the money on the HVAC knobs is going to want the slider too. It looks so good, now no one will be able to settle for just the knobs without it. Especially if you‘re spending a grand on sprucing up the cosmetics.

One question: Why is the Alfa logo off center on the center knob? That would drive me nuts and would be a deal breaker for me. Did you just shift it over to make room for the indicator dot?
The logo is centered, because I used a thick glass, the logo is printed on the back side, so from the side view it appears as the reflection is off center. but when you see parts in hand, it is centered.

·
Registered
364 Posts

The slider is so small I'm not bothered if it has to remain stock, it's the stock knobs that look awful to me. I just hope enough people get on board to make this happen.

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So far, about 20 orders for each individual sets, not full sets. but I need at least 50 per set to meet minimum. Pogea racing reached out and said he wanted to talk, which is cool, I love their stuff! My guess is he might want to sell them on his site, not sure yet.

Either way, I love my set and I am working on replacing the climate control face-plate wrapped in leather and glass. then moving on to the center console tunnel, with same leather and glass with metal buttons to replace the plastic ones. The engine cover is almost done, looks sick! Then maybe the key fob, and some other accents. By the time I am done I should have added 1,000 pounds to the 4c lol. not really though, I am good at reducing weight working with carbon fiber and aluminum are very comparable to plastic when done right, dont believe them when they sell you on light weight plastics to save weight and no door handles lol It can be done, but its more expensive.

I wish I could sell you guys more of these parts, but they are not cheap at low quantities, no one seems to realize that until you invest in tooling, prototypes are expensive! it takes millions to make a concept car, but after mass production the car is only 50-100k. But most people only look at whats in mass production as a cost comparison.

·
Registered
473 Posts
So far, about 20 orders for each individual sets, not full sets. but I need at least 50 per set to meet minimum. Pogea racing reached out and said he wanted to talk, which is cool, I love their stuff! My guess is he might want to sell them on his site, not sure yet.

Either way, I love my set and I am working on replacing the climate control face-plate wrapped in leather and glass. then moving on to the center console tunnel, with same leather and glass with metal buttons to replace the plastic ones. The engine cover is almost done, looks sick! Then maybe the key fob, and some other accents. By the time I am done I should have added 1,000 pounds to the 4c lol. not really though, I am good at reducing weight working with carbon fiber and aluminum are very comparable to plastic when done right, dont believe them when they sell you on light weight plastics to save weight and no door handles lol It can be done, but its more expensive.

I wish I could sell you guys more of these parts, but they are not cheap at low quantities, no one seems to realize that until you invest in tooling, prototypes are expensive! it takes millions to make a concept car, but after mass production the car is only 50-100k. But most people only look at whats in mass production as a cost comparison.
definitely in for engine cover depending on cost and how it looks

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am guessing around $1,500, doubt anyone will spend that much. But I also do like the idea of having the only one in the US! jk,,,,but not really. Its a large piece with carbon fiber water transfer that covers the bay and has an aluminum plate in anodized red. I am still trying to source a carbon fiber with autoclave process, but that wont be cheap at all.

Just curious, what would you pay realistically?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,501 Posts
Just so the Aussies here remember that $1,500USD is roughly the equivalent of $2,2500AUD then add some for shipping and possible 10% GST on import.

·
Registered
510 Posts

Oh wow, not even close:cautious:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts