Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
I’d prob pay $1000-1500 aud anything more and I’d be better of going down the new intercooler route

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
461 Posts
Contact Beau, the whole set is less than $1k US.
Not for the paddles and knobs. The engine cover.

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I’d prob pay $1000-1500 aud anything more and I’d be better of going down the new intercooler route

My goal would be to get under 1k USD for engine cover, and I definitely can, but once again I would need probably 50 or more orders.to achieve this. I am working on ordering the first prototype now, going to be sick!

·
Registered
461 Posts
My goal would be to get under 1k USD for engine cover, and I definitely can, but once again I would need probably 50 or more orders.to achieve this. I am working on ordering the first prototype now, going to be sick!
Awesome yeah !! $500 usd would be easily acceptable by me !

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
yeah, 500 USD would be tough for a peice that large in any material. At a high volume, 50k a year would be possible with tooling. Unfortunately the entire sales of the 4C is less than 2k units over 4 years in the US from what I can see. So no real market for these kinds of products unless you want to lose money. The reality is I can make low production parts for the 4C, but they will be more expensive due to the low quantity and there is even less quantity of 4C's on the road. Which is great for us, because are cars will be more valuable.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I would
yeah, 500 USD would be tough for a peice that large in any material. At a high volume, 50k a year would be possible with tooling. Unfortunately the entire sales of the 4C is less than 2k units over 4 years in the US from what I can see. So no real market for these kinds of products unless you want to lose money. The reality is I can make low production parts for the 4C, but they will be more expensive due to the low quantity and there is even less quantity of 4C's on the road. Which is great for us, because are cars will be more valuable.
I would definitely be in for an engine cover that looks like the one you posted, even if I have to pay $1000.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Btw, I've made a custom fan control knob from transparent plastic. so far it's in white color but I want to change it to red. once I'll get the proper plastic to fabricate it, I'll post the result

·
Registered
644 Posts
Btw, I've made a custom fan control knob from transparent plastic. so far it's in white color but I want to change it to red. once I'll get the proper plastic to fabricate it, I'll post the result
Is this from a public file that one can find (like on Thingaverse, etc)?
TIA

·
Registered
853 Posts
Out of curiosity, how many of you would be replacing the Centerline paddle extensions? I’m not expecting them to be easy to remove without damaging something. This is my biggest hesitancy.

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
you could try to use heat, a hair dryer or heat gun. heat up the paddle where the tape is until it is hot. use gloves, try to get a butter knife or something similar to wedge in between the 2 parts or slowly pull on top or bottom away from part. take your time, and try not to mess up the original shift paddles. that is my best guess-

21 - 40 of 42 Posts