Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Okay gentleman, time to put $ where your mouth is.... We don't have a final design, but it is highly probable that we will have Moroso build the tank. We need to get roughly 15 owners to get the price to approximately $300. I am assuming it will all be purchased through their website...

Owners
1) DrPyro
2) John74Berlina
3) wrh3
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
I'm in.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Count me in as well.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I’m in as well.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Come to think of it... you can't print it in one piece as you need to print the support structure inside the tank and it needs to be chiseled out.
Powder based metal printing doesn't require support structures other than for the base. The cost to print in powderd metal is $1000's regardless the volume.
Okay gentleman, time to put $ where your mouth is.... We don't have a final design, but it is highly probable that we will have Moroso build the tank. We need to get roughly 15 owners to get the price to approximately $300. I am assuming it will all be purchased through their website...

Owners
1) DrPyro
2) John74Berlina
3) Rainier G
4) wrh3
5) cmc140
6) Mahjik
7) [P²]
8) AlfaDog5
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
Count me in.

I have a 3D scanner if you need a scan of the tank.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Not to mess up the tread, but didn’t Rudi have this on his list of things to come? Probably will be carbon fiber and hence more expensive, I guess 😉.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
@4C-ophe: I contacted GMS quite some time ago about taking this on as a potential project. On my last discussion with him (which to be fair has been some time ago), he indicated he has other development priorities. I'm in the process of doing some other coolant system modifications, so my clock has run out (so to speak). My initial idea was to have my local shop make 5 or so to interested parties, but the cost delta between my local shop and using Moroso (which I didn't know of) is simply too large to ignore. I have very much enjoyed GMS's products, but this provides a good opportunity for the North America crowd in a more rapid timeframe.

·
Administrator
2,049 Posts
Looking for 5 more to move forward with this progetto. This should be in your need column, not want column. Its only a matter of time before the OEM fails, so the less rolls of the dice the better.

·
Registered
gtv6 3.0, Stelvio Ti
302 Posts
I am in. My car is new but some parts good to collect. I’d be buying a extra transmission if one appears.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
If we get more, we will make more on this initial batch. I will discuss with them about having a few extra so stragglers could get one. I don't have an ETA on the fabrication at this time. They will have an internal custom fabrication meeting to discuss this project.

·
Registered
201 Posts
If we get more, we will make more on this initial batch. I will discuss with them about having a few extra so stragglers could get one. I don't have an ETA on the fabrication at this time. They will have an internal custom fabrication meeting to discuss this project.
Great job, thanks

41 - 60 of 85 Posts