Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Premium Member
4C LE 075 Rosso Tub
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have only ever been able to find stickers, so, had some custom fabricated in a thin aluminum and hand painted.

They’re thin but solid, can be molded to mount if one wanted to—I asked for pre-adhesive tape applied as well.

They are the standard 100mm x 80mm size.

Thoughts?

Font Triangle Symbol Signage Sign

Tire Font Automotive tire Recreation Motor vehicle

Asphalt Font Rectangle Road surface T-shirt
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Font Automotive lighting

· Registered
770 Posts
Close your eyes. Open them again, tell me what you see...a genetically modified badge of the...
🐴

· Premium Member
4C LE 075 Rosso Tub
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Close your eyes. Open them again, tell me what you see...a genetically modified badge of the...
🐴
Fair point — I only figured out after having these made that the shield itself wasn’t really part of official Alfa history. They were actually designed by someone here on the forums a few years ago.

I’d just seen them everywhere when I was introduced to Alfa a little over three years ago.

It wasn’t until I couldn’t actually find them in anything but a sticker and requested these to be made that I did a bit more research into them.

· Registered
122 Posts
Fair point — I only figured out after having these made that the shields itself wasn’t really part of official Alfa history. They were actually designed by someone here on the forums a few years ago.

I’d just seen them everywhere when I was introduced to Alfa a little over three years ago.

It wasn’t until I couldn’t actually find them in anything but a sticker and requested these to be made that I did a bit more research into them.
Theirs a lot of history behind the quadrafoglio badge. Can't remember the details now as I'm getting old and forgetful. But before a race sometime in the early 1920's one of the drivers spotted a four leaf clover on the verge and picked it for good luck. That symbol has remained with Alfa ever since. And of course this was approximately 30 years before Ferrari made his first car.
I must re read the whole Alfa story again. The good thing about being so forgetful is that you get to enjoy history and films over again like it's the first time :ROFLMAO:

· Super Moderator
4C SE, Giulietta Vel, 147, Sud, Guzzi 1100 Sport, Guzzi Le Mans MkV
13,569 Posts
Theirs a lot of history behind the quadrafoglio badge. Can't remember the details now as I'm getting old and forgetful. But before a race sometime in the early 1920's one of the drivers spotted a four leaf clover on the verge and picked it for good luck. That symbol has remained with Alfa ever since. And of course this was approximately 30 years before Ferrari made his first car.
I must re read the whole Alfa story again. The good thing about being so forgetful is that you get to enjoy history and films over again like it's the first time :ROFLMAO:
Read about the Ugo Sivocci story and testing (practice) at Monza for the 1923 Italian Grand Prix. …Yep, it’s 100 years this year (Sep 8) for the reason we have the quadrifoglio on the white triangle. I think my Rosie will get the full emblem in honour and memoriam this year.
http://www.motorsportmemorial.org/focus.php?db=ct&n=222
Read the last paragraph of the article linked above.
My 4C will get only the quadrifoglio emblem as I need all the luck I can muster.
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire Plant

· Premium Member
4C LE 075 Rosso Tub
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Absolutely--I've read the Quadrifoglio stories and history behind it with Alfa dozens of times :) I was referring to the Scuderia Biscione shields I had fabricated. Those are based on a design by someone on the forum (I only found this out recently--should have done more research, haha!).

· Registered
496 Posts
Fair point — I only figured out after having these made that the shield itself wasn’t really part of official Alfa history. They were actually designed by someone here on the forums a few years ago.

I think its great. Is there an underlying issue with using the shield, or do forum members here see it as some kind of infringement? I think its fabulous. It's not for my 4C, but if I had one 2 feet tall it would hang in my garage in a New York minute!!

· Premium Member
4,067 Posts
I think its great. Is there an underlying issue with using the shield, or do forum members here see it as some kind of infringement? I think its fabulous. It's not for my 4C, but if I had one 2 feet tall it would hang in my garage in a New York minute!!
The 2ft tall garage art version sounds lovely. I’d be in for one as well, lol.

· Premium Member
4C LE 075 Rosso Tub
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Definitely some purists and those who feel that the 4C shouldn’t be fender badged at all. There is a thread here on the forums discussing it, and my thought is too each their own.

I love the design and the contrast of the racing yellow on the Alfa Rosso. When I first bought my 4C, I had only seen the shields on some 2.0 Giulia/Stelvio models that people had used.

I searched here, found a thread, loved the look, could only find—at best—3D domed stickers. I stuck them on for a bit; but decided to put aluminum QV badges on instead.

Still loving the design, I had a set fabricated in metal just in case I decided to go that route again. I do like the idea of making bigger single ones for wall art.

The 2ft tall garage art version sounds lovely. I’d be in for one as well, lol.
I’ll get a quote!

· Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,947 Posts
I have only ever been able to find stickers, so, had some custom fabricated in a thin aluminum and hand painted.

They’re thin but solid, can be molded to mount if one wanted to—I asked for pre-adhesive tape applied as well.

They are the standard 100mm x 80mm size.

Thoughts?

View attachment 139085
View attachment 139086
View attachment 139087 View attachment 139088
Nice job. I prefer the Quad on my car (rear window) but have some ideas for a larger version that would not be on the car but on my garage wall. Do you have a high resolution good color image of it that i could experiment with? It could be in any format although bit map, TIF, would be preferred. I have a large format pro color printer that could do a big print....17" x up to 47".

· Premium Member
4C LE 075 Rosso Tub
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice job. I prefer the Quad on my car (rear window) but have some ideas for a larger version that would not be on the car but on my garage wall. Do you have a high resolution good color image of it that i could experiment with? It could be in any format although bit map, TIF, would be preferred. I have a large format pro color printer that could do a big print....17" x up to 47".
For the Quadrifoglio badge? I have a vector file that you can scale to any size you’d like. DM me an email and I can send to you!

· Registered
2,616 Posts
Do what you like… 🙂
The SB “badge” was a play on the SA (Scuderia Abarth) done several years ago. Not historically accurate at all, just done for fun. It was never meant to be historically representative or accurate. 😉

btw, if you want cheaper authentic AR clover badges without having to buy the more expensive QV Giulia ones and shave the mounting post of the back, get the one for the Stelvio QV.

Reactions: Sir5n and 614
1 - 17 of 17 Posts