Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
241 - 260 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
My 18 had it's dash replaced recently under warranty. It was in for a service, I mentioned the dash looked like it was beginning to bubble, and when the service tech called, he said he also replaced the dash! Total surprise and I was ecstatic.

·
Registered
2018 4c coupe
74 Posts
My 18 had it's dash replaced recently under warranty. It was in for a service, I mentioned the dash looked like it was beginning to bubble, and when the service tech called, he said he also replaced the dash! Total surprise and I was ecstatic.
That’s awesome to hear. Any damages to the car? How long did it take them to get the parts?

·
Registered
854 Posts
I did not notice any damage to the car at all. I was initially nervous but searched and all is as it should be. They told me it was an item that was stocked and they were able to receive in a day or two.

·
Registered
2018 4c coupe
74 Posts
I did not notice any damage to the car at all. I was initially nervous but searched and all is as it should be. They told me it was an item that was stocked and they were able to receive in a day or two.
Glad to hear. The dealership put two tear marks on my seat so they had to order me a new one. Will need to get in touch with them in regards to the dash as well

·
Registered
402 Posts
This is what my dash looks like with 64k miles from the South (Texas + Georgia 🥵). I park outside a few days a week and religiously use a sunshade if I'm gone for 5+ minutes. I also crack the windows if possible and occasionally "treat it" with a damp microfiber.

I've always had this "ridge" above the AC vents with some wrinkles in it, but luckily it hasn't gotten worse. 🙌

·
Registered
2016 Spider
212 Posts
The car is under warranty until 2023 so either way it will be covered. I’m just worried, they’ll damage the car during the process
Just take close pictures of everything interior and exterior, in my case the new installed dash had a tear on the passenger side vent leather after installation which they took care of, and a noticeable scratch on my odometer LCD which initially they said will fix but later denied and @AlfaRomeoCares also did nothing to push the dealership to fix it.

·
Registered
2018 4c coupe
74 Posts
Just take close pictures of everything interior and exterior, in my case the new installed dash had a tear on the passenger side vent leather after installation which they took care of, and a noticeable scratch on my odometer LCD which initially they said will fix but later denied and @AlfaRomeoCares also did nothing to push the dealership to fix it.
Sorry to hear that. my dealer scratched my leather seats and i’ve pushed them to replace it. We’ll see how that goes but they left my car outside for a month and the dash has delaminated. The car is under warranty so i’m not too worried about the dash. Just worried about them scratching the tub, etc…

·
Registered
2016 Spider
212 Posts
Sorry to hear that. my dealer scratched my leather seats and i’ve pushed them to replace it. We’ll see how that goes but they left my car outside for a month and the dash has delaminated. The car is under warranty so i’m not too worried about the dash. Just worried about them scratching the tub, etc…
Hopefully it is not the Van Nuys dealership?

·
Registered
2016 Spider
212 Posts
Good luck.
Also my new dash shows signs of delamination around airbag again after 13 months and it was mostly in the garage the past year. The car is out of warranty so I guess I will have to deal with it.

·
Registered
2018 4c coupe
74 Posts
Good luck.
Also my new dash shows signs of delamination around airbag again after 13 months and it was mostly in the garage the past year. The car is out of warranty so I guess I will have to deal with it.
Sorry to hear that. It’s funny how alfa hasn’t figured out a way to remedy the issue. Later year cars should not have this issue. You would think they have made changes to the adhesive they were using

·
Registered
128 Posts
Super sorry to hear that you two haven't had the greatest luck with your dealers and getting your concerns properly resolved. Our team would like to look into this further and offer additional support where we can! If you'd like us to look into this or arrange additional support alongside your dealer visit, please don't hesitate to send us a private message!

Thanks,

Courtney
Alfa Romeo Cares

Reactions: Philster

·
Registered
2016 Spider
212 Posts
Super sorry to hear that you two haven't had the greatest luck with your dealers and getting your concerns properly resolved. Our team would like to look into this further and offer additional support where we can! If you'd like us to look into this or arrange additional support alongside your dealer visit, please don't hesitate to send us a private message!

Thanks,

Courtney
Alfa Romeo Cares
Direct messaged you @AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
327 Posts
Reviving a pretty old thread here. Given how common the occurrence is in hotter climates and how my warranty expired last year, I was considering getting an extended warranty, and this would be a really good reason to have one, however Mopar have told me they wouldn't cover it with any of their extended warranty options. Was wondering if any of you have any experience with getting yours repaired through warranty with another warranty provider. Maybe the fidelity plans that the one dealership came in here posting may cover it?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I know I've mentioned it before, but clear UV protective film on the windshield and tint or clear UV film on the windows goes a long way to prevent this issue.

·
Premium Member
15 Madreperla white/red, BMW 1M, 996 Turbo, 69 Datsun 2000, 17 STI, 04 Baja Turbo, 89 Trooper RS
350 Posts
I know I've mentioned it before, but clear UV protective film on the windshield and tint or clear UV film on the windows goes a long way to prevent this issue.
Great advice for those with perfect dashes. Once I finish my time machine I’ll be able to take advantage of this knowledge. :geek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree on the side windows since the glass is tempered, but there is no need to add UV protective film to the windshield. The vinyl interlayer in laminated glass already blocks ~99% of UV light.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have a 2015 Coupe, 16,000 miles on it. Purchased New. Garage kept and I had my dash replaced in the second year of ownership. It was replaced under warranty. Now 6 years old and again the dash leather is lifting. :-(
How many have had similar experience?

241 - 260 of 263 Posts