Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
261 - 264 of 264 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,321 Posts
I have a 2015 Coupe, 16,000 miles on it. Purchased New. Garage kept and I had my dash replaced in the second year of ownership. It was replaced under warranty. Now 6 years old and again the dash leather is lifting. :-(
How many have had similar experience?
Do you use a sunshade when parking outdoor?

·
Registered
400 Posts
My upholstery guy in Houston who has now retired, did all the upholstery work for Ferrari of Houston, Bentley and Rolls Royce of Houston, really high quality work. When he was doing a complete leather interior in my DeTomaso Pantera and my Alfa Romeo GTV-6 and I inquired about recovering both dashes in leather, he refused to do it due to leather shrinking in the sun, so I left the original vinyl Pantera dash on , and covered my cracked GTV-6 dash in vinyl. I have had no problems on either dash. I did see my upholstery guy recovering numerous Ferrari leather dashes that had shrunk.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,789 Posts
I use a sun reflector on my 2015 LE. No problems at all. I was told by a pro car upholsterer to never rub leather conditioner into dash leather. It migrates through the leather and softens the glue causing bond failure. Instead use a light spray on a cloth of 303 Aerospace Protectant. It blocks UV damage. I have used on other cars for years including an ALFA spider I owned for over 40 years and was like new when I sold it. That car had a plastic material but I saw many of those cars with cracked dash coverings. The 303 is good for upholstery, and rubber window seals. The trick is don't soak the leather..just a very light wipe with the cloth.
303 was designed for marine use which is very harsh.

261 - 264 of 264 Posts