Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
My Titanium Downpipe. Work of Art. I used it for a month and I had to remove it due to exhaust smell. I really didn't realize any significant power gains. This thing is light as a feather. It was way too loud for the street and at the track.
It is very pretty though Nimo.

That's got to be worth getting a glass-topped coffee table to put it on display at home.

Cheers,

Alf.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My Titanium Downpipe. Work of Art. I used it for a month and I had to remove it due to exhaust smell. I really didn't realize any significant power gains. This thing is light as a feather. It was way too loud for the street and at the track.
Most talk about their decat as if its something really great but the reality is that for everyone else its an absolute absurdity. I’m no tree hugger but its incredibly horrible for the environment, damn near toxic at lights and other stops in traffic and their car doesn’t sound nearly as good as they think it does. Simply a public nuisance and the reason why a lot of places institute noise regs and other laws. Because it only takes a handful of people to ruin car modifications for everyone else.

That said, I actually want your downpipe to put it up as art, incredibly beautiful (y)

·
Super Moderator
7,836 Posts
What diameter has it? Too pretty just to hang on your garage wall. Someone may want it. Floro? If you’re giving it away my garage walls are in need of brightening up. 😁

·
Registered
31 Posts
So pretty!!!
May I know where to acquire it?
What is the weight?
Or do you sell it? Let me know if u do. I am interested.
Thanks

·
Registered
326 Posts
Nimo, did they forget to weld it.obviously not.Have you a shot of the finished piece?

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
119 meant nothing till I found these examples.
Louder than a Rock band or an emergency siren :)

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
My 4C with 200 Cell from standing still revs 123decibel

Inviato dal mio RMX1931 utilizzando Tapatalk
More than twice the legal limit (60db) in Italy! Bravo 😁

England it’s 74db but it isn’t enforced.
Get through your MOT and don’t be a twat around residential areas seems to do the trick.

·
Registered
205 Posts
More than twice the legal limit (60db) in Italy! Bravo

England it’s 74db but it isn’t enforced.
Get through your MOT and don’t be a twat around residential areas seems to be the trick.
Thank you!
however, I don't think that's the limit, considering that a Huracan Performante makes as many decibels and is homologated

Inviato dal mio RMX1931 utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
This is the limit for new cars sold from 2019 ;)

My brother has an Audi RSQ3... 400bhp and it sounds like motorino lol
It’s so quiet, it shocked me!
I drove it about a mile to see. 1 was enough. Understeer ;)

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,577 Posts
Sounds like some of you better start putting money aside for hearing aids in a few years 😢 (n)
My dad lost most of his hearing in later years. He said it was worse thing that ever happened to him and felt like he couldn't be part of the family as he couldn't share their experiences and talk to grand kids.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Sounds like some of you better start putting money aside for hearing aids in a few years (n)
My dad lost most of his hearing in later years. He said it was worse thing that ever happened to him and felt like he couldn't be part of the family as he couldn't share their experiences and talk to grand kids.
Christ what a downer

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 59 Posts