Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After installing Novitec coilovers and Alfa9 intermediate suspension blocks I had the alignment professionally done to get a baseline. I had to adjust the coilovers to get the car to minimum legal height for Germany. I then used the string technique to dial-in the alignment to suit my driving style. The printout shows the baseline alignment with 5degree caster but with some need of left-front camber. The rear camber is wonky because both struts are maxed in opposite directions- the right can't get any less camber and the left can't get any more camber. I installed one set of shims on the front-left getting me to 4 shims on the left and 3 on the right. Unfortunately I have maxed out camber since I have read we should only have a maximum of 4 shims. I adjusted the left rear toe also which adjusted the camber. Today I took the car out on some German back roads and the autobahn. The alignment is now perfect as captured on my #2 string alignment number on the sheet pictured. It has plenty of grip through curvy roads with high confidence and feedback. On a smooth unlimited stretch of the autobahn I was able to get to 254 KPH with absolutely rock solid stability. It took some work but I finally have my 4C dialed-in to exactly how I like it. It still feels raw, agile, and has plenty of personality.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts