Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the new year we have a couple of discounted packages to announce. Our classic Alfa customers have always appreciated the costs savings when we bundled things, and we have applied the same concept to some of our 4C offerings. These kits are all sold at a 10% discount.

Brake Upgrade Kit:

This kit pairs the fabulous slotted Girodisc 2-piece floating rotors, ETF brand AF400 compound performance brake pads (with wear sensors), and a set of braided stainless steel lines. The perfect upgrade for aggressive street or track use.

https://centerlinealfa.com/store/2929

Oil Change Kit:

Everything you need to change the oil on your 4C yourself - OEM filter and drain plug washer and 6 quarts of Redline 5W40 Euro Series oil.

https://centerlinealfa.com/store/2930

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
Question for you regarding the oil ...

There has been some discussion here about the 'proper' oil.

In the US Alfa specified an oil meeting the Chrysler MS-12991 spec.

Seems that the rest of the world calls for an ACEA C3 oil.

The Redline Euro 5w40 is an ACEA C3 oil which does not meet the Chrysler spec.

My question is: do you know something the rest of us don't regarding why they call for a different oil in the US vs the rest of the world?

Please enlighten us ...

Thanks

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My question is: do you know something the rest of us don't regarding why they call for a different oil in the US vs the rest of the world?

Please enlighten us ...
I'm afraid I don't have any insider knowledge on why FCA specified the particular oils they have.

We decided to offer the Redline 5W40 Euro Series after consulting directly with Redline. In reality either their "standard" 5W40 (AECA A3) or the 5W40 Euro Series (AECA C3) will offer more than adequate protection for our application, however they feel the 5W40 Euro Series has better long-drain protection.

We've used Redline products for years on a number of highly stressed Alfa engines and they offer the best thermal stability of any oil out there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts