Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who want to access the A pillar to run wires like HU mics, Radar detector wire or whatever, this hopefully will familiarize you with removal of the A Pillar.

1. Find the weather stripping on the door edge that runs along the top of the sill down the A pillar and stops in the door jam. It will not be necessary to remove the entire weather stripping, just enough to free up the A pillar edge.

2. Go to the angle in the door frame and start pulling down the weather stripping. When you do this for the first time, it will be pretty tight. Just use your muscles.... :)

3. Now before pulling back the A Pillar, let's familiarize ourselves with the retaining clips on the backside of the A Pillar. There are *four* clips, 2 side by side clips towards the upper 1/3rd of the piece and 2 side by side clips towards the bottom 1/3rd of the piece.

The blue clip holders are where the retaining clips detach and reattach on the Pillar.

TIP: There is a white guide pin that fits in near the upper clips. The white pin is not involved in the detachment of the Pillar but it will help with realigning the Pillar during reattachment as you can guide this pin back into its hole to line up the clips. :)

4. Back to the action....at the top of the plastic pillar piece at the border of the headliner, wedge your middle and index fingers along the inside edge of the pillar near the windshield and pull back on the pillar to disengage the 4 clips.

5. Now some A Pillars on other cars have a PITA guide post at the bottom of the pillar at the dash level. However, in the 4C, we are blessed with NO guide post! Woohoo!. So once you detach the 4 clips, just pull the A Pillar straight up and it comes right out!

·
Registered
60 Posts
One of my blue clips broke. I may just let it go. But if it doesn't work, are there any good place to order parts like that online?

·
Registered
299 Posts
One of my blue clips broke. I may just let it go. But if it doesn't work, are there any good place to order parts like that online?
I ask dealership to order based on description, still waiting. When I took apart again this weekend I put vhb tape behind nd holding very good. Don’t feel like need the four new blue clips once arrive but will be good to have just in case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts