Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I need to tap an accessory 12V source in the cabin and was aiming to tap the 12V plug harness. Do you know which wire is the 12V source and which is the ground? Alternatively, is there another spot to source ACC power and ground (for reverse mirror power).
I would suggest using a plug into the 12v recepticle that has 2 wires. Then you can plug it in and remove it as needed.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks DocRon. That picture is certainly more helpful than your written advice. Thankfully I scrolled down a bit and saw the photo before I rushed off to give it a big yank!

Cheers,

Matt

·
Registered
78 Posts
thanks for this topic with lot informations to remove this part !

i did it yesterday for remove 12v and put it under the console (for hide wire alimentation for smartphone and speed camera alert)

·
Registered
515 Posts
DOCRON, thanks for the write-up. Used this to take apart from kick plate back to firewall. Have a blackvue dr900s 2ch and b124 battery that deliver tomorrow. Everything is sitting in the garage waiting for install thanks to your guide.

Felt the need for a dashcam after a semi started coming through a turn at intersection and his driver wheel was focused on the center of the car. I laid on horn and he started brushing things from bottom part of windshield as he apparently hadn't seen me until then. At least now next of kin will have proof of what happened to us.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks Docron. A perfect DIY-manual.

One question: Do you have any pics from the backside of the selctor-panel?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks Docron. A perfect DIY-manual.

One question: Do you have any pics from the backside of the selctor-panel?

Thanks
Backside of the actual selector plate as in the underside of buttons
(Just buttons on the plastic plate)

OR

The IC board under the buttons?

Reactions: 4Canada

·
Registered
53 Posts
Backside of the actual selector plate as in the underside of buttons
(Just buttons on the plastic plate)

OR

The IC board under the buttons?
Thanks for the pic.

I`m searching a place for a little button. This button should be comand a lift-system at the front-suspension - like this:

https://www.stanceparts.com/air-cup-lift-system/

2 Things i don`t know:

- Where do i install the button?
- Is enough space at the upper front-suspension to install the cup.

·
Super Moderator
16,172 Posts
Hi .... what happened to the pictures on this thread?

Was looking to remove the center console.
Hey there, @massimo4c ,
Although the links appear to be broken - no idea why, but if you click on the boxes where the pictures were, you can still get to them on imageshack.
At least I was able to.

Let me know if you cannot and I can try to fix things. Just really swamped at work this week.

Good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Either unscrew 2 10mm nuts at front of rear piece or locate and remove rear Torx screws....

Carefully remove the rear console piece after disconnecting 12V power plug harness...

There are 6 x 10mm nuts (red arrows) and 1 clip (yellow arrow).

The nut at the right bottom is hard to do. I used my fingers as the above photo.

·
Registered
2016 Alfa Romeo 4C
872 Posts
Aarrggg! I am struggling with the harness connectors. Got the gear selector undone and the window control undone. But I can't get the Hazard, DNA, or 12v outlet undone. I have removed all fasteners for the console pieces. Any tips? Thanks.

·
Registered
2016 Alfa Romeo 4C
872 Posts
Took me another couple of hours, but I got the harness clips disconnected. Man, I think I'll have a drink and call it a day! Lot's of fun getting the 12v outlet out of it's home... :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Thanks for the pic.

I`m searching a place for a little button. This button should be comand a lift-system at the front-suspension - like this:

FITMENT – Stanceparts

2 Things i don`t know:

• Where do i install the button?
  • Is enough space at the upper front-suspension to install the cup.
Did you ever install this? This would be hugely useful IMHO. If you did, how’s it working out and approximately how much does it weigh?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Okay, what is with all the doctors (I’m guessing by their handles) wanting to operate on their 4C’s?

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Okay, what is with all the doctors (I’m guessing by their handles) wanting to operate on their 4C’s?
Eternal addiction for scientific and operational analysis? 😷

Reactions: Sir5n

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I'd love to see it in action.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts