Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

181 - 185 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks for your picture of the custom slide for your oil filter. I'll use this idea for my next oil change in a few days.
Concerning the oil capacity of the engine I observe each time the same thing : the real oil capacity seems to be 5,0 liter and not 5,8 as specified in the official Alfa documents. I don't know where the rest is hidden.
Me too, always 5 liter. So i put 5 liters back in it. Dipstick always marks the top spot (yes, i know the drill to measure it on a 4c).
A few members have had leakages (shaft seals,oil in spark plug holes, engine sweating) ... Maybe to much oil added? (the 5.8 litres Alfa recommended).
When recieving my new car from the garage, i did control the dipstick, oil whas above the top mark. Not good. (also low tct oil and low engine coolant)...

·
Registered
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C
8 Posts
BFD. BTW, either M-110 or M-110A works. M-110A supersedes M-110, but both are still sold.
I was just at the Auto Parts 40 miles away to pick up 7 quarts of Pennzoil Platinum Euro Blend because my local parts stores don't stock it. I had the M-110A in my hand but the parts store I was at didn't have it as a match yet another parts store website has it as a match. I looked at Mobil website and tried to call them but I got a recording telling me to call another number and didn't have a pen. I doubted myself and didn't buy the filter but I plan to go with it next time I'm out. I have no plans to drive the car in temperatures below 50 degrees nor do I plan to run my oil to excessive mileage limits, it will likely be changed seasonally with under 3K miles on it. I don't see a lower bypass pressure as a huge deal under my intended use and the Mobil 1 oil filter is a superior product. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and to apply that opinion to their own vehicle. Here's what the Mobil website says "Mobil 1 filters meet or exceed OEM fit, function, quality and performance requirements". I only wish Mobil made Mobil 1 in 5W40, I used the 10w40 in my Abarth without issue but I'm less inclined to go out of spec. with the 4C. It would probably be fine but I went Pennzoil Euro Platinum just to be safe. I stumbled on a buy one get one half off deal so it wasn't that painful, I did have to suffer through an 80 mile round trip in the 4C on a beautiful day, oh the pain. :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I get Pennzoil Platinum Euro Blend from the local Pep Boys store. They do not always have a lot of it on the self, but if they do not have it. They can usually get within a few hours of my visit to the store. Or just call them in the morning and they will have it that afternoon.

181 - 185 of 185 Posts