Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi Tex,
Thats good news. I am still waiting for the Alfa dealership to call me. Waiting since Monday.
So I called Alfa NA and talked to a nice guy. He said absolutely not they would not warranty it past the original warranty date.
However he mentioned all warranty replaced items have an additional 2 year warranty from when they were installed.

There's a long forum post below where plenty have gotten it replaced with no problem, so I think I will go that route.

·
Registered
287 Posts
So I'm replacing mine under warranty.

My dealership said this is the first time they are doing it, but feel confident in the job.
Should be done in 10 days from now so I will update from there.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just came back from the dealership. The service manager said it is hard to see and capture on the camera. He suggest wait a while to let is get worse before submitting to Alfa. I asked what happens if the condition stays the same after summer and he said we will go from there. So basically he is not even interested to submit any request to Alfa. I didn't want to argue with him and left.
So maybe I should wait till summer is over and bring it back. My warranty ends in Dec this year.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Just came back from the dealership. The service manager said it is hard to see and capture on the camera. He suggest wait a while to let is get worse before submitting to Alfa. I asked what happens if the condition stays the same after summer and he said we will go from there. So basically he is not even interested to submit any request to Alfa. I didn't want to argue with him and left.
So maybe I should wait till summer is over and bring it back. My warranty ends in Dec this year.
Interesting, I really believe mine is identical to yours, if not less worse.
I didn't press at all, he just randomly called me and said it was up to me and that he would do it if I wanted

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Interesting, I really believe mine is identical to yours, if not less worse.
I didn't press at all, he just randomly called me and said it was up to me and that he would do it if I wanted
It is frustrating that it is solely up to the dealership to decide whether it should be written up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I cannot see any severe delamination in your photos that would warrant a replacement. I’d wait for the dash to be totally lifting off the dashboard to replace.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I cannot see any severe delamination in your photos that would warrant a replacement. I’d wait for the dash to be totally lifting off the dashboard to replace.
yeah it is hard to see in the picture

·
Registered
287 Posts
yeah it is hard to see in the picture
So I just picked up the 4c from the dealer after getting the dash replaced.
Took just under 4 weeks which wasn't the plan, but the weather wasn't the greatest here so no worries anyway.

As far as I'm concerned no problems at all. Looks better, no rattles, no problems, no complaints. This was the first one the dealer did so they wanted to take their time to do it. Now I can finally attempt to install the KW coils!

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
I was aware of the delamination issue when I bought my 2017 (registered for 1st time 2018) and all was fine at that time, however today I noticed that a large area has separated. I'm located in Covington LA - somewhat of a no-man's land regarding dealers, there's one in Pensacola 192 miles to the east and 3 in Houston 320 miles to the west. Any recommendations / warnings regarding any of these? I'd probably get the bolt tightening & timing belt done at the same time.

4CDashDelam.jpg

·
Registered
287 Posts
I was aware of the delamination issue when I bought my 2017 (registered for 1st time 2018) and all was fine at that time, however today I noticed that a large area has separated. I'm located in Covington LA - somewhat of a no-man's land regarding dealers, there's one in Pensacola 192 miles to the east and 3 in Houston 320 miles to the west. Any recommendations / warnings regarding any of these? I'd probably get the bolt tightening & timing belt done at the same time.

View attachment 116451
Yours was a lot worse than mine so they should absolutely re do that.

But depending on when your warranty ends i would try to coordinate all of that in one trip

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have been following the various dash delamination threads with interest. My 2016 has been fine so far, but it looks like there is a very small lifting of the leather in the far right corner ahead of the passenger airbag. Hard to really see it, and a sound test using my finger to tap on it is what confirms it. While my car is still under original warranty, I am thinking it is not worth the potential headache of having it replaced. I am pretty certain that even replacement units will eventually do the same thing, so unless I am looking to sell my car soon, it doesn't seem worth it (and I currently have no plans to ever sell the car). It would be interesting to see how long people have replacement dashes installed and if they eventually delaminate as well.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I have been following the various dash delamination threads with interest. My 2016 has been fine so far, but it looks like there is a very small lifting of the leather in the far right corner ahead of the passenger airbag. Hard to really see it, and a sound test using my finger to tap on it is what confirms it. While my car is still under original warranty, I am thinking it is not worth the potential headache of having it replaced. I am pretty certain that even replacement units will eventually do the same thing, so unless I am looking to sell my car soon, it doesn't seem worth it (and I currently have no plans to ever sell the car). It would be interesting to see how long people have replacement dashes installed and if they eventually delaminate as well.
If it can be covered under warranty or an extended warranty, I would definitely not wait.

For the record, I was one of the first to get mine done. My replacement has outlasted my original. I’ve been monitoring it quite often and have no issues on the replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 32 of 32 Posts