Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upon hard braking, two 1/4" diameter bolt heads (or not bolts exactly, I'm not sure what these are) revealed their presence in my cabin floor. They both look sheared off at the end. Does anyone recognize these? TIA

Automotive lighting Fluid Household hardware Cylinder Liquid

·
Super Moderator
10,137 Posts
Never seen anything like these. Do they fit any of the drain holes in the floor of the tub? Without a reference it’s impossible to estimate how large or small they are. Could they have been used somehow in the manufacturing process or is someone just messing with your head? ….some jolly joker at the factory?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really small, the diameter across the top is only a quarter inch. There are two holes under the passenger floor mat, but they don't seem to match up to these. I should note that I just had my dash replaced and they could be...something that fell out of a pocket? They did also leave me some random papers under the seat, lol.

·
Registered
852 Posts
They remind me of some rivet or lugs that have been removed or cut off. Probably from the dash work that you had done.
^ Agreed..

That being said, we need to start a "What has fallen onto your 4C CF floor after having someone work it?" thread... 😁

I've had (not exaggerating):
  • Screwdriver
  • Pen/Marker
  • Center punch tool

·
Super Moderator
10,137 Posts
Really small, the diameter across the top is only a quarter inch. I should note that I just had my dash replaced and they could be...something that fell out of a pocket? They did also leave me some random papers under the seat, lol.
That’s the likely explanation.…from a dash replacement!

·
Administrator
17,400 Posts
Oh yes, it was the classic delaminating dash leather (that multiple others on here have had the "pleasure" of dealing with). Fortunately it was still covered under warranty.
Interesting that this is continuing, with obviously more recent cars - what model year is yours?

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,357 Posts
^ Agreed..

That being said, we need to start a "What has fallen onto your 4C CF floor after having someone work it?" thread... 😁

I've had (not exaggerating):
  • Screwdriver
  • Pen/Marker
  • Center punch tool
If we start a thread we need to include the famous Mario's pencil ;-)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Interesting that this is continuing, with obviously more recent cars - what model year is yours?
Precisely, I think the assumption is that this only affected very early models but mine is MY2017 and I could have sworn there's someone on here with an affected '18 so who knows? Or maybe they're merely improved and not impervious.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Got it. And I was aware of this issue and remediation under warranty. But what I didn’t know was that it entailed replacement rather than repair.
Wow.
Do folks feel the fit and solidity is as good as the factory installation? Squeaks? Rattles?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
That's left-over flux capacitor rod tips you have found there, someone must have dropped them when they refilled the flux capacitor on the last trip through time.
Your 4C has returned from the future - a very dark and dismal future ruled by electric cars with no soul.
Throw them away (unless you plan on travelling into the past and picking up a cheap Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale).
Cheers,
Alf.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts