Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, there is someone that can help me giving some instructions to align door driver side? I moved for mistake the pin where the door is engaged and I am not more able to find the original position; the result is a door that in completely not aligned in way of airscope.
Thanks

·
Registered
2016 Alfa Romeo 4C
1,559 Posts
I have not moved mine, but would appreciate info on this too. There is a rub between the left fender and driver's door. Seems to happen more during warmer weather.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I have not moved mine, but would appreciate info on this too. There is a rub between the left fender and driver's door. Seems to happen more during warmer weather. View attachment 131843
@smc4C
Wait three months and the problem will go away... until the next hot day.
Mine does the same in really hot weather - I think it's just a physics thing in that the sheet moulded composite material expands and contracts with temperature changes. If you try moving the doors, or the other panels, the gaps will end up looking bad and your eye will go to that gap and it will annoy the crap out of you.
I was worried that it would damage the paint on the doors as it definitely interferes with the front panel, but after 5 Summers with the car in temperatures as high as 48-50 deg C, the paint is fine, so I have learned to just live with it.
If it really bugs you, I would recommend NOT moving the doors unless you have to as @Singingwolf has found out, it's a pain in the *rse to try and get the alignment right afterwards.
If you move one of the front quarter panels, then you have the hood/bonnet alignment and gaps around the headlights on both sides to deal with next... It becomes a vicious circle then.
If it really bugs you, get a professional body panel technician do have a look at it and be prepared to pay for a few hours of labour to sort it out.
Cheers,
Alf.

Reactions: smc4C and Alfanut

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have not moved mine, but would appreciate info on this too. There is a rub between the left fender and driver's door. Seems to happen more during warmer weather. View attachment 131843
You can use shims to move your fenders as well. Much easier to do than adjusting door itself. Had the same issue. Warm weather and all. You will need to get the front liners out to do this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts