Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Madreperla white/red, BMW 1M, 996 Turbo, 69 Datsun 2000, 17 STI, 04 Baja Turbo, 89 Trooper RS
345 Posts
Thanks. My 2015 manual only mentions Race mode for Launch Control. Did Alfa make the change in the later manuals, or the later cars?
Launch control works in race, dynamic, and N modes in my 2015 with oem ecu.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks. I'll try that, and probably end my quest to beat 4.12. Save my clutch. This car is fast enough in a straight line. And not many can beat it in the corners. With the Alfaworks Stage 1, it may have helped my 0-60 times, but I like the way it pulls hard all the way to the redline. With the stock mapping, the torque just falls off in the higher RPM's. And I really like the tone of my LE's exhaust around 4,000 RPM's. It's kind of addicting keeping it there and killing my gas mileage. Worth it......

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,739 Posts
Thanks. My 2015 manual only mentions Race mode for Launch Control. Did Alfa make the change in the later manuals, or the later cars?
My 2015 LE allows launch at up to 6000 rpm in R mode and up to 3500 rpm in D mode (never checked in N mode). Same procedure as R mode but frankly the couple of times I tried, 6000 rpm is too much and the tires go up in smoke. Around 3500 rpm will usually give faster 0-60 times. The problem with 0-60 is that it is too dependent on traction. That is why car magazines now do a different method using a rolling start or ignore the first foot of roll out time.
Our cars aren't drag cars.....while they are plenty quick, premature wear on the clutch and trans is not worth chasing tenths of a second.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
My 2015 LE allows launch at up to 6000 rpm in R mode and up to 3500 rpm in D mode (never checked in N mode). Same procedure as R mode but frankly the couple of times I tried, 6000 rpm is too much and the tires go up in smoke. Around 3500 rpm will usually give faster 0-60 times. The problem with 0-60 is that it is too dependent on traction. That is why car magazines now do a different method using a rolling start or ignore the first foot of roll out time.
Our cars aren't drag cars.....while they are plenty quick, premature wear on the clutch and trans is not worth chasing tenths of a second.
Agreed. Our cars are definitely quick enough, so my curiosity is fulfilled. My car will do 0-60 in 4.25 seconds at will by just rolling on the throttle in Race Mode. No need for launch control, and the potential to damage anything. And that is STILL fast. But feeling the g-force in the corners is way more thrilling.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts