Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 Coupe - with the insectlike lights. I noticed an ever-so-subdued flicker in the driver side DRL.
Anyone else have this?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody? It's gotten worse, driver side lights barely visible now. Will book her in.

·
Super Moderator
9,933 Posts
Nobody? It's gotten worse, driver side lights barely visible now. Will book her in.
Sorry, I’ve nothing useful to add. I just had a light failure warning on my 147. Found one of the number plate lights had failed. I gave the lens cover a few solid taps and the light came back on and the warning light on the dash disappeared. Nothing quite like older tech. Yours doesn’t sound quite this easy to rectify. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, I’ve nothing useful to add. I just had a light failure warning on my 147. Found one of the number plate lights had failed. I gave the lens cover a few solid taps and the light came back on and the warning light on the dash disappeared. Nothing quite like older tech. Yours doesn’t sound quite this easy to rectify. Good luck.
No worries. Just wondering. But you're right, can't be bothered to buy obcd dongle and go hunting for codes myself so better get some time booked in. Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,264 Posts
Flickering on LEDs is an impending sign of near failure....not sure if those lights on yours are LEDs though.....I have the US version which is different.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are now also shining significantly less bright. I'd love to convert to blacked-out versions of the spider (if such a thing would be possible) - but I guess that would need an entire wiring change.
Ah well, we'll see.

·
Registered
844 Posts
They are now also shining significantly less bright. I'd love to convert to blacked-out versions of the spider (if such a thing would be possible) - but I guess that would need an entire wiring change.
Ah well, we'll see.

Reactions: lurrr

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow. :oops:

Also: yikes "Montagezeit ca. 4-6 Wochen nach erhalt der Scheinwerfer. "

But still... very interesting. Thanks for that!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Turns out the US headlights apparently cannot open. I really don't like the silver bits in them (for my black car, sticks out) so that rules it out.
But. More importantly: I drove around an evening with the lights on and now ...the daytime running lights self-healed.
Oh Alfa, never change :love:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts