Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
If it's not under warranty, you can take it to an upholstery place and have it fixed or re-done with a different material. Should be very economical.

·
Super Moderator
3,304 Posts
The stock visors are the one thing I would love to replace with a higher quality one. Besides the plastic...the US version has a permanently printed bunch of safety info which is hidden when the visor is in the up position....but when down it shows and looks cheesy. Guess that is required by government regulations....but ....... 🤬
As far as your problem. If on warranty submit it.....if not....try an upholstery shop.....that would be cheaper than buying factory replacements.

·
Registered
431 Posts
You could fix it with duct tape like this guy :rolleyes:
Ha, ha! That's not duct tape, it's a semi-clear plastic piece so you could slide in some document or other.

·
Super Moderator
13,306 Posts
Ha, ha! That's not duct tape, it's a semi-clear plastic piece so you could slide in some document or other.
Yup - AKA the glove compartment! :D

@lars you probably have some insight as to covering these. It would probably be just as cost efficient as replacing (if not warranty), and a much better result than OEM.

·
Super Moderator
4,956 Posts

@lars you probably have some insight as to covering these. It would probably be just as cost efficient as replacing (if not warranty), and a much better result than OEM.
That’s what I was going to say. Ask Lars, he could do something in leather that’ll last a heck of a lot longer and look a heck of a lot better.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
That’s what I was going to say. Ask Lars, he could do something in leather that’ll last a heck of a lot longer and look a heck of a lot better.
I actually sourced a guy to make carbon fiber visors , but instead he scammed me and kept my visors . DONT EVER USE SHADOWCRAFT USA OR HIS ALIAS CARBONCOMPOSITE . Any way when i created my new headliner i just left them out , looks better without them ...as for the sun the 20% front window tint shuts it right out . I may try again to make some leather ones ...however i made attempts a while back and due to the hinge it wasnt easy

·
Registered
1,068 Posts

New ones from dealer are less than 90 usd each ....i know that because someone stole mine

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New ones from dealer are less than 90 usd each ....i know that because someone stole mine
WTF? Why would someone steal yours? This sucks. Btw the dealer is going to fix it for free. It's covered under warranty.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I sent them to him to make carbon fiber versions ...he scammed me and took them

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts