Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

Registered
Hi @morcheen
Could you check the depth you get from the adapter to the mechanism for me 馃檹馃徎.
I鈥檇 like to go with the PS130FE, but these are deeper at 60mm.
Thanks!!!
See:
@flyt100 The ISU 130 has a depth of 48.9mm. Do you think the PS130FE with a depth of 60mm would fit as well? (1.93" vs 2.36").
It would be really tight, but it may be ok. I installed a set of Hertz speakers that are 57 mm deep.
I assume you are using the angled speaker adapters? I'm guessing you'll be fine in that case, but you'd have to try. You are trying to avoid this part of the window mechanism:

View attachment 111195

As a comparison, if you placed the 130 directly in the hole (I'm not recommending that, just for sake of argument), the lower side of the magnet just touched the upper side of this spring. WIth the offset and angle of the adapter, it wasn't near it at all. It all depends on the depth and diamater of the magnet.

Registered
What size foam tape did you use? I presume closed cell / high density foam tape but interested to know what width to get.
thanks
M
It was just some weatherstripping tape I had handy. It was ~1" wide and I just trimmed the excess with a knife (It didn't need to be that wide).

Registered
Hi @morcheen
Could you check the depth you get from the adapter to the mechanism for me 馃檹馃徎.
Thanks!!!
See:
I can't unfortunately, it would involve taking it all back apart (plus it's in storage up on a lift for the winter). The best I have are the photos. Because of the angle, the diameter of the speaker magnet is also part of the equation, not just the depth. Because of that, the only way to know is to try...

Registered
Hi @morcheen
Thanks!!!
See:
Sure, but waiting for carbon fibre door cards to arrive before I take the existing ones off so won't know for a while. Just getting all the bits ready before I start

Registered
Sure, but waiting for carbon fibre door cards to arrive before I take the existing ones off so won't know for a while. Just getting all the bits ready before I start
Great!! Will have a go afterwards and share my pictures and experience as well.

Registered
Stumbled on this video on YouTube.
I have no idea what they are saying as it鈥檚 in Portuguese but this is one crazy sound system they installed on a 4C.

Premium Member
Stumbled on this video on YouTube.
I have no idea what they are saying as it鈥檚 in Portuguese but this is one crazy sound system they installed on a 4C.
Beautiful work. Kind of overkill/missing the point on a 4C, though. Still you have to respect some of what they were able to do 馃憤馃徎

Reactions: lpspeedster
61 - 68 of 68 Posts