Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· 4C-Forums.com Vendor
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EUROCOMPULSION - Lower Inter-Cooler Hose Kit - Now Available

EUROCOMPULSION Lower Inter-Cooler Hose Upgrade for the 2015+ Alfa Romeo 4C. This Kit includes our High Grade Competition Spec Silicone to replace the thin walled rubber based lower inter-cooler hose. Our Silicone has a thermal conductivity that is less than half of the factory rubber, which will keep the extreme heat from the exhaust and turbo at bay prior to entering the Inter-Cooler, which result in lower charge temps and increased inter-cooler efficiency. Our silicone will last the life-time of the vehicle and will never need to be replaced. Enjoy improved Aesthetics that look the part, without over being over the top. This kit comes complete with Stainless Steel clamps and is a fairly easy to access for installation. Compatible with North American AND European based vehicles. Perfectly paired with our Upper Inter-Cooler Hose Kit and our V1 and V2 Intake kits.

FEATURES:

• Will Last the Life-Time of the Vehicle
  • 5 Ply High Grade Silicone
  • Increased rigidity to further resits extreme temperatures
  • Smoothed bends and interior walls reduce air turbulence
  • Improved Performance; paired well with Euro+Drive Clone or a Stock Vehicle
  • Extremely Low thermal Conductivity
  • Our Silicone will withstand 100+psi and 600+F
  • Keeps Air Temps from Turbo & Exhaust cooler when entering Inter-Cooler
  • Nice Aesthetic Upgrade, Our Competition Grade Silicone with a Simple Gold Logo
  • European Silicone, None of our Silicone is Produced in China (Beware of Imitators)
  • Perfectly paired to our Euro+Drive Clone Phase 1 and Phase 2 Calibrations
  • Simple Installation
  • Will Fit North American, European & Australian vehicles

PRICE: $215.49

LINK: https://shopeurocompulsion.net/collections/alfa-romeo-engine/products/eurocompulsion-lower-cooler-hose-kit-alfa-romeo-4c

This final kit essentially allows you to replace the final rubber based section of the induction/charge system. It is constructed with an increased silicone hardness due to its placement and increased heat and pressures. This hose runs from the turbo (cold side) outlet and is in close proximity to the down-pipe/cat. It will contend with quite a bit of heat and pressure and due to these demands its heavy duty silicone formula constructed of a heavy-duty ply and hardness. We initially had a beta section of hose that ran the entire length from the turbo directly to the inter-cooler but due to the lack of mounting options we are retaining the section of metal piping in order to support the hoses. A good addition to the metal piping would be a nice layer of gold reflective tape which will keep reflective heat from the engine to a minimum. The last remaining hose is already silicone from the factory (which is good).

As we prepare to release the Phase 3 calibration, this will be one of the components we recommend for the transition to phase 3. Of course this and all of our other silicone components will benefit even a stock vehicle as well as vehicles with phase 1 and phase 2 calibrations.

· 4C-Forums.com Vendor
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Looks like another must have item. Love hearing that you're preparing to release phase 3. :)
Thanks Pete :)

We will have different variants of Phase 3 for folks and it will be sort of customized to a degree on what higher level modifications you have. For instance if you have the simple bolt-ons, like the intake, a good 2.5" exhaust (we prefer centerline/magnaflow since we have used them both before) and these hoses you will have a Phase 3 tailored for that(We will have a specific list of recommended modifications when we release). The other variants of Phase 3 will be for more wild modifications which we will discuss in the future. I apologize for the extended timeline with this but I want it 110% right, not wrong or half-a$$ed because of a rushed time table.

We have learned a lot in the past year to further what we can do to progress things in regards to power and drive-ability and I want that knowledge applied to phase 3.

· 4C-Forums.com Vendor
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chris, will the 15' length be enough for the metal intercooler pipe?
Yes, all you want to do is simply place a layer on the portion facing the engine/trans. All we want to do is reflect the heat away. No need to actually remove it and wrap it. :smile2:

· Registered
13 Posts
Chris,

You mention simple installation - do you have a similar write-up as the cold air intake that you offer? I assume that it requires a lift and the removal of lower body/engine bay covers.

· Super Moderator
4C SE, Giulietta Vel, 147, Sud, Guzzi 1100 Sport, Guzzi Le Mans MkV
13,155 Posts
Hi Chris,
What price could you do on one of these and a V1 intake hose (the one with the hole for the oxygen sensor) sent to Australia? Remember, no sales tax in the quote? PM me if you could. Regards, Jim.

· Registered
2,595 Posts
Chris,

You mention simple installation - do you have a similar write-up as the cold air intake that you offer? I assume that it requires a lift and the removal of lower body/engine bay covers.
If you have done a Magnaflow Center exhaust, then you've seen this hose...its right below the O2 Sensor harness plug.
Yes. You have to remove the 2 rear deflector plates and lift the rear of the car.

Simply place ramps under rear wheels and you'll have plenty of room.
Remove rear deflector plate under the diffuser and then other rear deflector plate in front of that (tons of PITA bolts...lol)
Break one time use clamp, remove stock hose and replace with silicone hose and clamp. (This is speculation right now but should be pretty straightforward)

I should be getting my EC hose by Friday and will install it this weekend. I will be sure to take some good pictures and do a DIY of the install. ;)

· Registered
260 Posts
If you have done a Magnaflow Center exhaust, then you've seen this hose...its right below the O2 Sensor harness plug.
Yes. You have to remove the 2 rear deflector plates and lift the rear of the car.

Remove rear deflector plate under the diffuser and then other rear deflector plate in front of that (tons of PITA bolts...lol)
Break one time use clamp, remove stock hose and replace with silicone hose and clamp. (This is speculation right now but should be pretty straightforward)

I should be getting my EC hose by Friday and will install it this weekend. I will be sure to take some good pictures and do a DIY of the install. ;)
Of course you have one coming Friday. LMAO.... I was thinking of ordering it now with hopes it would be here ASAP because the car is currently on the Quick Jack with the under panels off as I'm finishing up my exhaust and suspension install.

Chris- how quickly can you get this to MA if I order now?

· 4C-Forums.com Vendor
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Of course you have one coming Friday. LMAO.... I was thinking of ordering it now with hopes it would be here ASAP because the car is currently on the Quick Jack with the under panels off as I'm finishing up my exhaust and suspension install.

Chris- how quickly can you get this to MA if I order now?
Shipping to MA is about 2 days. :)

The install sia a simple hose replacement. I took a handful of install photos when we swapped out ours and I have to did through a 500 gig photo hard-drive to find them. :nerd:

· 4C-Forums.com Vendor
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Thank you in advance.... :grin2:

· Registered
202 Posts
I get a little bit of a kick out of one of the listed features: "nice aesthetic upgrade."

Although when I think about it, the last car show I attended was attended by a disproportionate number of Alfa Romeo mechanics who moonlight as border patrol agents. I was able to spot them based the garage crawlers and undercarriage mirrors that they all had on hand. I believe that they will definitely appreciate the lengths that I go to for their viewing pleasure.

· 4C-Forums.com Vendor
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I get a little bit of a kick out of one of the listed features: "nice aesthetic upgrade."

Although when I think about it, the last car show I attended was attended by a disproportionate number of Alfa Romeo mechanics who moonlight as border patrol agents. I was able to spot them based the garage crawlers and undercarriage mirrors that they all had on hand. I believe that they will definitely appreciate the lengths that I go to for their viewing pleasure.

You just need to get in there to take a peak ;)

· Super Moderator
4C SE, Giulietta Vel, 147, Sud, Guzzi 1100 Sport, Guzzi Le Mans MkV
13,155 Posts
Hi,

i have a question. Why has the original air filter an extra coating of foam? Is he needed in the exchange with a sports air filter?
It's only there to muffle induction noise. My Giuliettas' filter had the same thing. The filter is generic to that family of engines.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.