Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I would ask around before making my final decision. Is anyone running either of these IC's?

Has anyone compared them functionally?

The prices between the two intercoolers are very close with the exception of duty and taxes on stuff coming up from the USA into Canada at the moment.

I like Scara73's IC but EC's looks good and no trimming involved.

·
Registered
43 Posts
There is also the Orra Racing kit at 599 euros. Don't know if anyone is running one yet, or how they compare to the other 2, but quite a saving if it produces the same results.

Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
I do not have experience with either but have been leaning strongly towards the SCARA IC (along with a SCARA SportKat downpipe for my Akra exhaust - not a catalog item but he said he constructed one for his personal 4C).

However, your post is the first I've read about any "trimming" involved with the SCARA IC install.

Do you have a link or any additional info about what's involved; i.e., are we talking minor or major surgery? Thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I do not have experience with either but have been leaning strongly towards the SCARA IC (along with a SCARA SportKat downpipe for my Akra exhaust - not a catalog item but he said he constructed one for his personal 4C).
Tell me more about this sportcat downpipe - been thinking of enhancing my Akra as well - PM me if you don't want to derail this thread.

·
Registered
93 Posts
PM me if you don't want to derail this thread.
Since it's quite brief, I'll quote the man himself in case others may be interested...

Hi my name is Enrico
Downpipe for Akrapovic has a flex pipe different and I can do it too if you want as I have a Competizione with Akrapovic too :)
Price is 1090 euro delivered to you in USA. Time to wait around 20 days.
Enry

(Note: Price quoted was current as of October 2019)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

However, your post is the first I've read about any "trimming" involved with the SCARA IC install.

Do you have a link or any additional info about what's involved; i.e., are we talking minor or major surgery? Thanks!
Very slight trimming of the plastic is required. I was told by someone who installed one and no clue where he got the info.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have the Eurocompulsion offering and couldn't be happier. They did a great job on the development of this product. This is not a mod that you will benefit from a power gain on at all. It will allow you to continue to drive your car hard if you are tracking it or taking part in some spirited driving as you will have less heat soak. I have to admit I do like the end caps of the Scara IC. Not that EC was bad or anything theirs is just different.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
I figured I would ask around before making my final decision. Is anyone running either of these IC's?

Has anyone compared them functionally?

The prices between the two intercoolers are very close with the exception of duty and taxes on stuff coming up from the USA into Canada at the moment.

Do you currently have a tune?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I can't say a lot about the products but have dealt with both companies / guys a bit.

EC are a large professional operation and act like it. They respond very quickly and run things like a modern E commerce store should (which is good). Enry (Scara) on the other hand seems much more like an enthusiast / craftsman whose passion to build is more important than a sale.

I'd usually lean towards guys like Enry, however with these Alfa's being far from simple I can see the benefits of guys like EC. I am assuming that their high level of service keeps up when things go wrong, but I don't know for sure.

Having dealt with a few challenges so far with this car, you def want to make sure you are getting decent after sales support imo. I'd double check what kind of service others have got from these guys.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Slowly getting parts together to make the engine stand for my build, but the ECU is going to be Bosch MS, Motec or SCS AW Race ECU if I have time to dig into that brand of ECU.
I can't say a lot about the products but have dealt with both companies / guys a bit.

EC are a large professional operation and act like it. They respond very quickly and run things like a modern E commerce store should (which is good). Enry (Scara) on the other hand seems much more like an enthusiast / craftsman whose passion to build is more important than a sale.

I'd usually lean towards guys like Enry, however with these Alfa's being far from simple I can see the benefits of guys like EC. I am assuming that their high level of service keeps up when things go wrong, but I don't know for sure.

Having dealt with a few challenges so far with this car, you def want to make sure you are getting decent after sales support imo. I'd double check what kind of service others have got from these guys.
I'm leaning towards Enry's IC because of the construction, and availability. Second consideration it will probably come in tax and duty free. I don't know about other countries but the hassle at the moment importing American made products is getting stupid.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts