Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have been a little on the quiet side as of lately but have been adding/updating a number of things in the back-ground. As I said in the beginning we are dedicated to the Alfa 4C for the long-term.

First off all of our silicone will now be Kevlar reinforced. Most applications will 4 plys of Kevlar Aramid sandwiched in between 5 layers of Silicone. Kevlar Aramid will provide exceptional resistant to heat and pressure and prevent any swelling and or failures we have seen previously. The lower inter-cooler hoses are in stock and feature the Kevlar Aramid Silicone. HERE

The Intakes and Upper Inter-cooler Hose is also on its way from our Manufacturing plant. Photos will be updated as the items arrive. All of our hoses will now incorporate dual color silicone also.

We have also added the Black 15mm / 25mm Wheel Spacer Kit from Otis.HERE

In the future we will be adding Cams and an Inter-cooler Kit for the 4C as well.

I know many of you are looking at the upgrade to Phase 3. Phase 3 will have a few variants as well as options. These may be subject to minor changes.

Phase 3 Variants:

• C&B Cams
    Updated Turbo
    EC Inter-Cooler
    Stock turbo/Stock Cams/Stock Intercooler

Also Please note: Alfa Romeo has increased pricing of the ECMs by $175 and added a core charge of $75. (Reason for price change)

In other news our Dyno has finally Arrived from Italy and we have been prepping the shop for its arrival. Its a very advanced unit that allows us to perform many testing scenarios the vast majority of state side dynos cannot. It is also fully compliant with the new Alfa Romeos / Fiats and Maseratis ect utilizing Wheels speed sensor based traction control management. All of our previous released calibrations will be tested and standardized to be in accordance with our newer releases. More detailed information on this on the way. We have held off all calibration releases to this point simply due to the desire to be able to standardize all of our results.

More Info on way....

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Great to see more stuff being developed for the 4C! Look forward to future updates :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
Looking forward to Phase 3! Could you elaborate a little more on the failures that have been seen with the silicone hoses? I bought all three and had them installed so I’d be ready for Phase 3. In fact, I think the item descriptions on one or two of them said they would be necessary for Phase 3. Is the Kevlar version now what’s needed for Phase 3? If so, might some kind of exchange/upgrade be possible?

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking forward to Phase 3! Could you elaborate a little more on the failures that have been seen with the silicone hoses? I bought all three and had them installed so I’d be ready for Phase 3. In fact, I think the item descriptions on one or two of them said they would be necessary for Phase 3. Is the Kevlar version now what’s needed for Phase 3? If so, might some kind of exchange/upgrade be possible?
We only had a few failures with the lower inter-cooler hoses due to it being so close to the downpipe. the rest of the hoses have performed flawlessly. We took the few failures we had and improved upon it and spread that material across the entire line. We are also working on replacing that other lower intercooler line. Ours was silicone from the factory but apparently not everyones is, so that is also being made.

Yes you would be ready for a Phase 3 variant. Once we release it we will have a requirement list as we had for phase 2. With both recommended items and required items.

·
Registered
791 Posts
. I know many of you are looking at the upgrade to Phase 3. Phase 3 will have a few variants as well as options. These may be subject to minor changes.

Phase 3 Variants:

• C&B Cams
    Updated Turbo
    EC Inter-Cooler
    Stock turbo/Stock Cams/Stock Intercooler
I'm surprised that you don't need a downpipe with the stage 3:(

·
Registered
143 Posts
We only had a few failures with the lower inter-cooler hoses due to it being so close to the downpipe. the rest of the hoses have performed flawlessly. We took the few failures we had and improved upon it and spread that material across the entire line. We are also working on replacing that other lower intercooler line. Ours was silicone from the factory but apparently not everyones is, so that is also being made.

Yes you would be ready for a Phase 3 variant. Once we release it we will have a requirement list as we had for phase 2. With both recommended items and required items.
When that lower hose fails, does it give any warning ahead of time (maybe some bulging at the eventual failure point?) so I can keep an eye on it? And, would raising the engine output by going to Phase 3 make the hose failure more likely to occur?

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When that lower hose fails, does it give any warning ahead of time (maybe some bulging at the eventual failure point?) so I can keep an eye on it? And, would raising the engine output by going to Phase 3 make the hose failure more likely to occur?
Unfortunately not, the few that failed had popped. If it has a Kevtek label on it you are in the clear. The vast majority of the ones out there at this point are KEVTEK units.

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still waiting....4 months and counting :(
We have been splitting up further development of the 4C, between the Giulia and the Stelvio models on top of other projects. We have the larger inter-cooler fitted and prototyped and Toby is almost finished with the calibration. The Dyno fans require specialized start motors which we are awaiting to arrive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts