Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

· 4C-Forums.com Vendor
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

EUROCOMPULSION V1 Air Induction system (intake) for the Alfa Romeo 4C. This intake system, as all of our intake systems do, incorporates our premium quality European Silicone paired with a uncompromising Sprint Replacement Air Filter. The turbo inlet hose reduces air inlet/intake temperatures significantly over the factory thin walled plastic hose. The turbo on the 4C sits between the front firewall and engine making it a "warm" area within the engine bay, so much so it requires specialized ducted cooling. The replacement silicone hose aids greatly in reducing heat from the turbo affecting cool air entering from the factory air-box.

FEATURES:

• Premium European Competition Spec 5 Ply Silicone
  • Reduced Thermal conductivity
  • Significantly Increased Air-Flow
  • Will last life-time of vehicle
  • Smoothed Interior walls
  • Increased/more consistent Diameter Turbo Inlet Hose
  • Minimal Increase in Turbo Noise
  • Improved Aesthetics
  • Simple Installation
  • Reduction in Intake Air Temperature increases Engine Efficiency
  • Improved Throttle Response
  • Est 5-10WHP Increase

PRICE: $314.99

SHOP HERE/PURCHASE:
HERE

TECHNICAL INFO: Coming Soon

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: Coming Soon

PRODUCT PHOTOS:

EUROCOMPULSION V2 AIR INDUCTION SYSTEM Coming soon...its loud and Carbon Fiber.

· Super Moderator
4C SE, Giulietta Vel, 147, Sud, Guzzi 1100 Sport, Guzzi Le Mans MkV
13,155 Posts

EUROCOMPULSION V1 Air Induction system (intake) for the Alfa Romeo 4C. This intake system, as all of our intake systems do, incorporates our premium quality European Silicone paired with a uncompromising Sprint Replacement Air Filter. The turbo inlet hose reduces air inlet/intake temperatures significantly over the factory thin walled plastic hose. The turbo on the 4C sits between the front firewall and engine making it a "warm" area within the engine bay, so much so it requires specialized ducted cooling. The replacement silicone hose aids greatly in reducing heat from the turbo affecting cool air entering from the factory air-box.

FEATURES:

• Premium European Competition Spec 5 Ply Silicone
  • Reduced Thermal conductivity
  • Significantly Increased Air-Flow
  • Will last life-time of vehicle
  • Smoothed Interior walls
  • Increased/more consistent Diameter Turbo Inlet Hose
  • Minimal Increase in Turbo Noise
  • Improved Aesthetics
  • Simple Installation
  • Reduction in Intake Air Temperature increases Engine Efficiency
  • Improved Throttle Response
  • Est 5-10WHP Increase

PRICE: $314.99

SHOP HERE/PURCHASE:
HERE

TECHNICAL INFO: Coming Soon

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: Coming Soon

PRODUCT PHOTOS:

EUROCOMPULSION V2 AIR INDUCTION SYSTEM Coming soon...its loud and Carbon Fiber.
G'day Chris,
I made an attempt to order an item from your catalogue but there was no acknowledgement of the existence of Australia in the postal address menue. Does this mean you don't post to Oz or is it an oversight? Regards.:huh:

· 4C-Forums.com Vendor
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Does V1 come with the "loud" that you feature in the upcoming V2?
No this is very civilized as in minimal increase turbo noise. The V1 is for users who want the increased throttle response and performance of an intake system without the turbo noise.

The V2 is for people who enjoy turbo noises and OR want the full out possible power that the intake system has to offer.

As a side note:
The V2 I made for myself very early on since I adore the Pagani Hyuara. It allows for all of the glorious turbo noise to enter the cabin.

· 4C-Forums.com Vendor
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just as an FYI, all of our silicone will fit European vehicles (AUS vehicles included). I forgot to mention that. They are worldwide kits.

The V2 Filters are on the way to us, more developments with the intake to follow.

A few customers have the V1 system installed and are very happy with the increased throttle response.

· Registered
472 Posts
The V2 is for people like me! I still love driving my Mazdaspeed3 with its intake and all its wonderful noises. I was half expecting from magazine reviews that the 4C would make similar noises and a little disappointed that it doesn't. I will patiently wait then.
That's exactly why we are making two intakes for the same car. Noise level is largely an issue of personal preference and vehicle usage, so no one size fit all very well.

The V1 is a great intake, you get more power and in normal driving, no more discernible noise. At full throttle it's louder, but not much. The V2 makes more noise, some may find that objectionable, but some will like it.

Greg

· Registered
840 Posts
would adding any of these components be an issue for warranty claims, ie performance enhancements, I'm thinking no?

That's exactly why we are making two intakes for the same car. Noise level is largely an issue of personal preference and vehicle usage, so no one size fit all very well.

The V1 is a great intake, you get more power and in normal driving, no more discernible noise. At full throttle it's louder, but not much. The V2 makes more noise, some may find that objectionable, but some will like it.

Greg

· Registered
674 Posts
Our intake takes in air from above the top of the rear tire, so if you are in water that deep, you have a way bigger problem than the position of your air intake.

Greg
My understanding is that your intake system uses the same filter housing and air scoop as the stock intake does. The only difference is the filter inside the housing and some of the piping after the filter housing. If this is the case, water tolerance is the same as the stock intake. That is, if the stock intake won't allow the car to double for a submarine, the new intake won't either.

· Administrator
19,270 Posts
My understanding is that your intake system uses the same filter housing and air scoop as the stock intake does. The only difference is the filter inside the housing and some of the piping after the filter housing. If this is the case, water tolerance is the same as the stock intake. That is, if the stock intake won't allow the car to double for a submarine, the new intake won't either.

· Registered
472 Posts
Exactly. Our V1 intake provides the same amount of submersability as the stock intake.

Greg

· Registered
2,595 Posts
And remember the stock airbox has the drain plugs that vacuum up close when the engine sucks in air from the air box during acceleration and drop down open when idling. My advice if planning on doing some submarine action, don't stop...keep accelerating to keep those drain plugs close and not flood the airbox.... ;)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.