Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Sorry Jim
After several weeks I just scrolled through this thread.
Mine is the corsa with down pipe.
It barks instead of farts. It is loud and I love the aggressive character notes.
Used to fart more with oem race exhaust but honestly it is not an Alfa without the farts.
Come on @Avelian appreciate your beast for what she is. We can get hearing aids in our old age馃槀
Did the downpipe make any difference to the sound or u wouldn鈥檛 know as u installed the exhuast together with it? I love loud exhaust don鈥檛 get me wrong but I鈥檓 just not a fan of farts hahahha. Anyway, I鈥檓 just releasing my foot a little to get the car to shift earlier to eliminate the fart sound now. I also drive in manual mode which totally removes the fart sound :)

Super Moderator
4C SE, Giulietta Vel, 147, Sud, Guzzi 1100 Sport, Guzzi Le Mans MkV
Did the downpipe make any difference to the sound or u wouldn鈥檛 know as u installed the exhuast together with it? I love loud exhaust don鈥檛 get me wrong but I鈥檓 just not a fan of farts hahahha. Anyway, I鈥檓 just releasing my foot a little to get the car to shift earlier to eliminate the fart sound now. I also drive in manual mode which totally removes the fart sound :)
From someone who hasn鈥檛 ridden in it but have driven behind it, been passed by it and heard it launch, it鈥檚 considerably louder than a race exhaust + standard cat set-up. Stealthy it is not. Sounds good though.

Registered

Registered
Downpipe makes the farting even more violent. Here's mine:

Isn't that more of the "Pops and bangs" sound? (off throttle). Yours did a small fart on up shift. (on throttle)

Registered
Isn't that more of the "Pops and bangs" sound? (off throttle). Yours did a small fart on up shift. (on throttle)
If that is a small fart -- I don't want to know what a loud fart is lol. :p

Here are more small catless farts from another angle:

41 - 48 of 48 Posts