Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
It's not by trying to be the bigger one, and try to sell more cars with lower margins that companies will survive.
Very well focused, more than 4 years model vision is key to the future, imho.
Now we have a merge of two losers. Alfa needs to find a winner, as does Maserati.
So I stay hoping they will sell them both, and give Lancia as and extra.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I think it's a good move.

Carlos Tavares is a great CEO to lead Afla to new glory days.

1) he's Portuguese. And being Portuguese, that's just cool man.
2) he likes fast cars and races them hard. Especially old European cars. And FYI, he hates electrification. Only does it caus he has to. And doing it correctly to. Treating it as an alternative means of propulsion like diesel and gasoline rather than making entire different brands of models for it.
3) he managed to turn around the shittest car companies around. Peugeot and Citroen were about as desirable as testicular cancer before Carlos. They were cheap and crappy and only sold if they were heavily discounted. They served as first cars for teenagers whose parents didn't want them getting laid and as company cars given to employees with a beef with the fleet managers.

Carlos not only revived the performance badge for Peugeot, pushed the quality up on interiors and fuck me sideways and call me Mary! Isn't that Peugeot 508 actually good looking??

If he can make a Peugeot desirable, imagine what he can do with Alfa once he has his hands on it!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Desperation mergers, electrification, petrol being cursed and banned...

In short, for petrolheads, the whole things is a dystopian nightmare.

Suppose all those who love the smell of fuel in the morning will go electric, when every crossover SUV is firing off 0-100 kph runs in the 3's.

Feels like Maserati and Alfa are kicking the can down the road and disguising it as a business plan.

·
Registered
549 Posts

2) he likes fast cars and races them hard. Especially old European cars. And FYI, he hates electrification. Only does it caus he has to. And doing it correctly to. Treating it as an alternative means of propulsion like diesel and gasoline rather than making entire different brands of models for it.
3) he managed to turn around the shittest car companies around. Peugeot and Citroen were about as desirable as testicular cancer before Carlos. They were cheap and crappy and only sold if they were heavily discounted. They served as first cars for teenagers whose parents didn't want them getting laid and as company cars given to employees with a beef with the fleet managers.

Carlos not only revived the performance badge for Peugeot, pushed the quality up on interiors and fuck me sideways and call me Mary! Isn't that Peugeot 508 actually good looking??

If he can make a Peugeot desirable, imagine what he can do with Alfa once he has his hands on it!
Epic post! Although I remember many years ago a small Peugeot convertible which they had Ray Charles driving in a commercial, which was actually a very nice car, turned out to be designed by pininfarina.

·
Super Moderator
13,533 Posts

Wins “post of the day” award from me!

·
Super Moderator
13,533 Posts
Excerpt fom a Financial Times article on recent FCA results:

“The €1.4bn write-off relates to two things.

“In Europe, it wrote off €435m of its investment into smaller cars, as it shifts the Fiat brand away from its smallest models towards more profitable vehicles, such as the Fiat 500.

“It wrote off a combined €941m from Maserati and Alfa Romeo, because of significant changes made to one of its Alfa platforms in order to allow future vehicles, including Maseratis, to accommodate battery electric vehicles.

“The company has pegged the future of its luxury nameplate on battery electric cars.”

·
Registered
633 Posts
i have to say that is one of the best car commercials ever

·
Super Moderator
5,305 Posts
And then circumstances are about to change again...
Subscribe to read | Financial Times
Maybe, with FCA-PSA dumping Alfa for Maserati to fill the front rows, there are new chances for Alfa Romeo...
Any chance of posting a copy of the article? Probably a copyright thing. I was going to add flippantly that I think you omitted a ‘few’ before ‘new’ in your comment. It would be nice to read the article but not at the expense of a subscription. On what premiss did they base their opinion that there might be new chances for Alfa?

101 - 118 of 118 Posts