Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,032 Posts
Am I the only guy who paid for an extended warranty? It was worth the extra money for issues like this and piece of mind. I never fill my 4c because I like to keep it on the lighter side. ;-)
You must be happy doing short trips?

·
Super Moderator
7,032 Posts
Extremely happy. Just a weekend fun car.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
That it is but half a tank? You’d only just get started and you’d have to stop for fuel...just like a Harley. ? The comparison gives me the shivers. It’s just that for me there is a world of difference between stopping because you need to and stopping because you want to when out on one of our ‘leisurely‘ jaunts. Just saying.

I hope dhuang was successful with contacting his dealer to register his starting problem.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I hope dhuang was successful with contacting his dealer to register his starting problem.
According to today's paperwork, the service advisor wrote up:
Customer unable to wait - due to our work load and was unable to leave the vehicle
Customer will return 1/7 or 1/8 for repairs
In the books and left in the 4C, so that worked out -- kinda excited to try out a Stelvio. Sat in a Stelvio QV in the showroom and was pleasantly surprised. :p

My warranty expires 2 hours from now. :whistle:

·
Super Moderator
7,032 Posts
According to today's paperwork, the service advisor wrote up:

In the books and left in the 4C, so that worked out -- kinda excited to try out a Stelvio. Sat in a Stelvio QV in the showroom and was pleasantly surprised. :p

My warranty expires 2 hours from now. :whistle:
Well done. That at least should give you some peace of mind. I hope they know what they are doing so it’s not an extended diagnostic period for you with the car in the dealership.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well done. That at least should give you some peace of mind.
Unfortunately I found out today that @AlfaRomeoCares denied the claim because the warranty expires "day of" and not the "end of day" as I was hoping for.

I will just purchase a used purge valve and go from there. :whistle:

Will update y'all on what happens!

·
Super Moderator
7,032 Posts
Unfortunately I found out today that @AlfaRomeoCares denied the claim because the warranty expires "day of" and not the "end of day" as I was hoping for.

I will just purchase a used purge valve and go from there. :whistle:

Will update y'all on what happens!
Surely, since the fault had obviously occurred before that date, they should in good faith accept the claim. How tight-fisted or outright cheap is that!? Proof is in the predated posts on this forum.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Surely, since the fault had obviously occurred before that date, they should in good faith accept the claim. How tight-fisted or outright cheap is that!?
Based on experience I wouldn't suggest holding breath on a 'right' outcome. Seems they really aren't looking for repeat customers, seems to be more of a fact that they already have the sale so who cares about customer experience.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
How tight-fisted or outright cheap is that!? Proof is in the predated posts on this forum.
What is most bizarre is when I pull the CarFax, the vehicle was reported sold on 1/7/2016, not sure why the warranty would expire on the 4th. :unsure: Oh well, time to get my hands dirty again.

Based on experience I wouldn't suggest holding breath on a 'right' outcome. Seems they really aren't looking for repeat customers, seems to be more of a fact that they already have the sale so who cares about customer experience.
Based on my conversations, they do seem to care more about the original owner than subsequent owners.

·
Registered
441 Posts
What is most bizarre is when I pull the CarFax, the vehicle was reported sold on 1/7/2016, not sure why the warranty would expire on the 4th. :unsure: Oh well, time to get my hands dirty again.

Based on my conversations, they do seem to care more about the original owner than subsequent owners.
Have to debate the statement about caring for first owners, I am first owner on my 2018 and Alfa Romeo Cares is worthless. Nothing but lip service, no action to back statements.

Hope you're able to resolve this with your above attempt.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)

Replaced the purge valve and the 4C starts no problem now! Glad it was an easy $30 fix. :p

You can hear how the previous valve was stuck open and allowing air through:

Makes me wonder if my previous Alfaworks Race ECU has provisions for the USDM evap system to open & close properly. Otherwise, these parts shouldn't fail around ~40k miles. I've since gone back to an EC clone ECU.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Great to hear that you were able to self solution this. Watched your dashcam video, do you by chance know the safe amperage of the fuse slot you used? I have my blackvue hooked-up to under the cigarette lighter socket, however it would be nice to know for future about the open socket you used.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Watched your dashcam video, do you by chance know the safe amperage of the fuse slot you used?
I do not, but I would very surprised if your blackvue consumed more than 2A. I think my hardwire kit outputs 1.5A.

Couldn't find a 4C fuse box diagram, but tried to go off a Giulietta and it didn't match up in a few places. :cautious:

·
Super Moderator
7,032 Posts

Replaced the purge valve and the 4C starts no problem now! Glad it was an easy $30 fix. :p

You can hear how the previous valve was stuck open and allowing air through:

Makes me wonder if my previous Alfaworks Race ECU has provisions for the USDM evap system to open & close properly. Otherwise, these parts shouldn't fail around ~40k miles. I've since gone back to an EC clone ECU.
How are things going over the last couple of weeks? All good?

21 - 40 of 56 Posts