Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Unfortunately I found out today that @AlfaRomeoCares denied the claim because the warranty expires "day of" and not the "end of day" as I was hoping for.

I will just purchase a used purge valve and go from there. :whistle:
Will update y'all on what happens!
Yea AlfaRomeoCares is utterly useless. Check out my thread on them not doing anything about their shitty dealers botching a repair job.
Anyways...I too have the same issue as you did...hard to start after fill up, and got a "P0456 evap small leak detected" code. Did you ever find the Mopar part number for the purge valve? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Also, the part diagram somebody posted shows the valve...it looks totally different than the one in your pic...am I missing something?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
... Anyways...I too have the same issue as you did...hard to start after fill up, and got a "P0456 evap small leak detected" code. Did you ever find the Mopar part number for the purge valve? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Also, the part diagram somebody posted shows the valve...it looks totally different than the one in your pic...am I missing something?
That's probably a different part specific to a different region but using the same phrasing of 'purge valve'

Bought a used purge valve from a wrecked Maserati Ghibli. The Bosch part number (0280142414) matches the 4C's...
Alfa Romeo p/n: 68348926AA (EDIT: Thank you @ajf2020)
Bosch p/n: 0280142414

·
Registered
108 Posts
That's probably a different part specific to a different region but using the same phrasing of 'purge valve'

Alfa Romeo p/n: 68252930AA (but this came with a bunch of hoses and fittings that you don't need)
I called 2 different Alfa dealers and they can't find that part number. They gave me 68348926AA which was $337!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yea AlfaRomeoCares is utterly useless. Check out my thread on them not doing anything about their shitty dealers botching a repair job.
Anyways...I too have the same issue as you did...hard to start after fill up, and got a "P0456 evap small leak detected" code. Did you ever find the Mopar part number for the purge valve? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Also, the part diagram somebody posted shows the valve...it looks totally different than the one in your pic...am I missing something?
View attachment 107037 View attachment 107038
View attachment 107037 View attachment 107038
I bought the part and it looks totally different from the diagram. Where about is this thing located in the engine? Any help is appreciated.

Alfa Romeo p/n: 68252930AA (but this came with a bunch of hoses and fittings that you don't need)
I bought the part with the 68252930AA number and it looks totally different from the diagram. Where about is this thing located in the engine? Any help is appreciated.

3427B742-8E09-4A52-8AA1-CDEA122939E9.jpeg
4F10E906-46BF-45D2-8940-4F2581ACCCE2.jpeg

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
That looks like what I believe to be the evap vent valve, though I could be mistaken -- It is located on the left side of the engine.

·
Super Moderator
14,886 Posts
Weird that it has the same part number on the box, though.

Weirder still that the box says Made in France, and the valve Made in Japan!

·
Registered
14 Posts
That looks like what I believe to be the evap vent valve, though I could be mistaken -- It is located on the left side of the engine.

View attachment 108331
Hi Dan,
So is this the right part to solve the issue that the car has difficulty staring after a fill up? I know you bought a used part but is this the location you put the new part in? I bought this part based on the part number you posted. Thanks.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Hey @4Caddict2, that isn't the correct part, sorry for the confusion. (I'm going to remove it from that post). I had to buy the Bosch part separately. You can find it used (attached to some various hoses) from a Maserati Ghibli here.

If you want the actual MOPAR part, you'll have to visit a dealership and work with the parts department to figure it out for your market. All I know is it came with a bunch of other hoses and was $200 - 300 USD.

EDIT: @ajf2020 is right about the part, it is 68348926AA.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey @4Caddict2, that isn't the correct part, sorry for the confusion. (I'm going to remove it from that post). I had to buy the Bosch part separately. You can find it used (attached to some various hoses) from a Maserati Ghibli here.

If you want the actual MOPAR part, you'll have to visit a dealership and work with the parts department to figure it out for your market. All I know is it came with a bunch of other hoses and was $200 - 300 USD.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. The correct Mopar part is 68348926AA then.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Dan, could you show me where, the location in the engine you installed this Ghibli part. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Move that hose out of the way, and the purge valve is under there.

View attachment 108381
Got the proper part this time. Part number is actually 000254425, this is a part shared by Ferrari, Alfa, and Maserati. I called my local Ferrari dealership and they quoted me $209 plus tax and had to be shipped from Italy. Went to scuderiacarparts.com and bought it for $35.88 brand new with $17 shipping by DHL, received it in 4 days, actually shipped from UK. Took about 15 minutes to install, now the problem is solved!

41 - 56 of 56 Posts