Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beyond happy!! I had been after this car since it first came out , but just never had the chance to own it and it was worth the wait. I went from an Bmw M2 and in my opinion its a stark difference yes the M2 is more practical and holds more but it lacks soul. Don't get me wrong i loved my M2, but when i drove the 4c it just make you smile. A couple of differences that totally shocked me were how comfortable to drive the 4c is. I expected a brutal ride, but drove 4 hrs each way and when i got off the M2 I had to stretch my back, and the 4c nothing it was really comfortable. Well the seat pad could use a bit more padding. Also another big difference was top end acceleration. The M you would have to punch it to pass a car once you were on 7th gear. The 4c you give it a quarter press and shes gone i mean before you know it you are over a 100 mph. In 2 days i have put a total of 450 miles and have zero complaints =)
One thing i will say is shes loud (akrapovic) lol.
Anyone have a recommendation on a back up camera? Man you can hide a heard of elephants in the blind spot. I am just thankful i don't live in Virginia anymore as here in Florida you don't have to parallel park

·
Super Moderator
3,588 Posts
Where did you source the 4C from....by any chance it wasn't from Macomb, Michigan was it ;-) There was one there a couple of weeks ago on the dealers floor that was gorgeous.
As far a backup camera....there are several available. I wanted a separate Garmin GPS (far superior to factory GPS) and they have versions which connect wireless to a very good backup camera....the BK-30. You need a version of the Garmin which is camera capable. I got the smallest size which is about 5". Here in Michigan we are allowed to have window mounted GPS if mounted low on the center window. It doesn't get in way visually. Other states may not allow dash mounted display so you will have to find another spot to mount it. The Garmin also will link to your cell phone via blue tooth for calls and is very good for that. Depending on the model it may have the feature (mine does) of real time traffic alerts for things like bad accidents, etc. which is very handy! I like the Garmin so much I have two identical units mounted in two of my cars. My third car has the latest GMC GPS navigator built in which is probably the best factory one I have found but the Garmin is superior, more user friendly, more options, and allows free updates as roads change or new features added. You have to pay for updates on the factory versions.

I mounted the camera on the black screen and it gets power from the wires on one of the backup lights. When you shift into reverse it comes on. No switch required and no running wires into the cabin. The camera comes with a replacement power cord for the GPS which has a small block on it that is the receiver for the wireless image from transmitter. I didn't have to remove any under panels, etc. It does make it easier if you can raise the rear a foot or more to get easy access to the backup lights. Both plus and minus 12V DC are at the backup lights. There is also a bit of a shelf on the bumper under the car to stash the wire and the small transmitter.
I have had mine for about 3 years and it works fantastic. The regular backup lights on the 4C provide a lot of light to illuminate behind the car at night also.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Well done, I’m pleased the tri coat colours are still being snapped up, many are scared of them ;)

omg, parallel park a 4C ....how would you do that and is it even possible ? :unsure:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here are some pictures so far it's been 600 miles and I find whatever excuse I can to take it out for a drive. Surprisingly the most comments I get are from the paint. I'm not a white car guy but the pearl on this is just amazing it pops and when the sun hits it wow.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Same exact car as mine. I get the same compliments about the paint. What a car!!!!
All colors look great on the 4C which is unusual in this day and age as most other cars only look good in certain colors. Getting back to the Pearl White color and you can call me prejudice when i say this because that is the color i have but in the sunshine, no other 4C color can match it for brilliance and beauty.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yup...
What year is or was your miata? Fun cars i had an 2016 and 2009 and loved both
Carbon roof damn...Super nice make it even more unique, is that a factory options? How much $$$$ extra?

Mine is a 06 PRHT 6 spd, love it! still my daily drive!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well done, I’m pleased the tri coat colours are still being snapped up, many are scared of them ;)

omg, parallel park a 4C ....how would you do that and is it even possible ? :unsure:
Why are many people scared of the tri coat colors?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Carbon roof damn...Super nice make it even more unique, is that a factory options? How much $$$$ extra?

Mine is a 06 PRHT 6 spd, love it! still my daily drive!
Good company right here. I still got my 2 NCs (2.0 turbo, and 2.5 built turbo coming soon) and my madreperla 4C.

After looking hard at all colors, I realized for me that the Pearl white showed the 4C's lines the best and has such an elegance in person. The Rosso red is a close second for me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm with you i have always been a gun metal or silver type, but when i say the pearl on the Alfa it was love at first site haha. Seriously though not cause i have it, but its my fave color on it. That then the tricolor red.

On a side note I'm thinking of doing 5 week rotations since deploys for work so I would use our other car, and store the Alfa for 5 weeks. Would you all recommend i get a trickle charger or is that not long enough time?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm with you i have always been a gun metal or silver type, but when i say the pearl on the Alfa it was love at first site haha. Seriously though not cause i have it, but its my fave color on it. That then the tricolor red.

On a side note I'm thinking of doing 5 week rotations since deploys for work so I would use our other car, and store the Alfa for 5 weeks. Would you all recommend i get a trickle charger or is that not long enough time?
I keep all the cars I'm not actively driving on trickle chargers.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts