8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,255 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry that your first post is to sell your car - I see you've been lurking for a couple of years - but hopefully we can find your car a new home and make two people happy.
It might help to post your location - one can assume by your user name, and I can see, but I'll leave it to you to disclose what you want to.

GLWS.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry that your first post is to sell your car - I see you've been lurking for a couple of years - but hopefully we can find your car a new home and make two people happy.
It might help to post your location - one can assume by your user name, and I can see, but I'll leave it to you to disclose what you want to.

GLWS.
Thank you! I just updated with location info.

·
Registered
2016 4C Spider + 3 Ferraris + 6MT 997.2 RWB'd
769 Posts
EDIT: Car now listed on Autotrader:

Hello All,

I purchased this black 2016 4C in September of 2019 with 12,050 miles. I've had a lot of fun, but I just simply don't have the time to enjoy driving her like I used to. It currently has 16,050 miles on it, and is sitting in my garage on a battery tender. Car is located in Pasadena, CA.

The car came well optioned... See attached window sticker.

I have a ton of high resolution pictures to share as well please find dropbox link below

Dropbox link: Alfa Romeo 4C

I am asking for $58,000 or best offer. I am in no hurry to sell, and want to be sure the car goes to the right home. Please let me know if you have any questions! View attachment 121191 View attachment 121192 View attachment 121193 View attachment 121194 View attachment 121195 View attachment 121196 View attachment 121197 View attachment 121198 View attachment 121199
Why, tho?
Also, why so cheap?
Honest questions. Like... Why?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bid on this car on BaT. Didn't even see it until an hour or two before the auction was over, so it was a bit of blind bidding. Beautiful car. Wish I wasn't on the other side of the country.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why, tho?
Also, why so cheap?
Honest questions. Like... Why?
Why am I selling the car? I don't have time for it, and I don't like cars to sit. Cheap? As far as I can tell, its priced competitively for the current market. If you would like to buy it for more, I'm happy to accept a larger offer! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bid on this car on BaT. Didn't even see it until an hour or two before the auction was over, so it was a bit of blind bidding. Beautiful car. Wish I wasn't on the other side of the country.
Thank you! You can easily transport a car cross country in an enclosed trailer. I purchased a car from Pennsylvania a few years back, and it arrived a few weeks later in perfect condition!

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Thank you! You can easily transport a car cross country in an enclosed trailer. I purchased a car from Pennsylvania a few years back, and it arrived a few weeks later in perfect condition!
“Enclosed” is the key here. Saving a buck having it on an exposed transporter isn’t worth it. The condition a cross-country car arrived in after such a method was quite shocking. Not just extremely dirty but FOD damage here and there too.

In contrast I’ve had excellent experience enclosed.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I had my Alfa shipped from CNC motors (I know, I narrowly avoided disaster there) near L.A. to my house near Atlanta enclosed for $1,600.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, I looked into enclosed transport after the fact. I've priced them in years past. Just didn't have the information on hand at the time of your auction and I know transport is crazy right now. BaT was quoting $2,500+ for enclosed, which is obviously inflated. You live in one of my favorite places - good Rose Bowl memories. Wish I could fly in and drive back, but not sure I could handle cross country in a 4C (as much as I love them)! Still tossing this one around though so I may be in touch.

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
“Enclosed” is the key here. Saving a buck having it on an exposed transporter isn’t worth it. The condition a cross-country car arrived in after such a method was quite shocking. Not just extremely dirty but FOD damage here and there too.

In contrast I’ve had excellent experience enclosed.
Enclosed is key. In 2021 alone I think I’ve had 4 enclosed 4C shipments to/from me and all have been without issue. All were actually through Montway. Enclosed is the key though. You get a driver that is used to exotics and low clearance vehicles. The issue with non-enclosed is there are WAY more drivers like that so they probably have no experience beyond SUVs and family sedans. People only really pay the premium for enclosed (and it’s not huge, maybe 20-30%) when it’s a special car. There aren’t that many enclosed drivers running around so they typically all know how to deal with this type of car.

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
Yeah, I looked into enclosed transport after the fact. I've priced them in years past. Just didn't have the information on hand at the time of your auction and I know transport is crazy right now. BaT was quoting $2,500+ for enclosed, which is obviously inflated. You live in one of my favorite places - good Rose Bowl memories. Wish I could fly in and drive back, but not sure I could handle cross country in a 4C (as much as I love them)! Still tossing this one around though so I may be in touch.
BAT shipping is a joke. They’re about 50%+ above market IMHO. Cross country is about 2,200-2,300 right now (enclosed). Roughly 1k miles is ~1k. It all depends on how convenient a route it is though. Truckers price off time and the ability to run full load.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think that would be an epic journey. The car is ready if you decide to do so!

·
Registered
2016 4C Spider + 3 Ferraris + 6MT 997.2 RWB'd
769 Posts
Why am I selling the car? I don't have time for it, and I don't like cars to sit. Cheap? As far as I can tell, its priced competitively for the current market. If you would like to buy it for more, I'm happy to accept a larger offer! :D
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

Just asking, but some people are better at money and value than others. I already have a 4c, lol, and it's enough work in progress (loads planned for it). You have a rare and handmade item that is gaining value as the years go on, and not asking for more like the others that think $50k is "competitively priced" is leaving money on the table, which you are doing along with the rest that think the same. Shame.

Of course, GLWTS!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts