Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vendor
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an Alfa 4C wheel we’ve been thinking about making for the past 5 years— And after talking to a few manufacturers, we’ve finally found the right partner with extensive motorsport experience and supreme technical knowledge and strength testing that can help us do it!

May I introduce, the Alfa9 Supply Magnesium wheel for the Alfa Romeo 4C. Along with the popular split-5 design, we’ve added in a few different spoke styles to mix things up a little.

Specifically crafted to give the absolute lightest weight and strength with proprietary forged MG blanks, this wheel will make your 4C faster.

It is lighter in crucial unsprung weight areas, it increases acceleration, braking, and transitional handling characteristics.

We are targeting a very light 12.5 lbs (5.6kg) front and 14.5 (6.5kg) rear. This is a game changer for those who count the ounces like they would on a tour de France race bike… Dyno results on heavier cars with these wheels have given a 10hp gain by going to the magnesium wheels. And in the case of the 4C the percentage gain is going to be significant.

More info here at this link.

Please contact us through the A9 site for any detail questions and more about color options.

Thanks!

Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

·
Registered
373 Posts
Great job on these Magnesium wheels! I'm sure these will look killer on the 4C.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you! Yes we are stoked to have released these!
What exactly did you release?

Litespeed has made these wheels for years. I spoke to them in December about a set for a 4C but went in a different direction. The price was $1,400 less than what you're charging on your site btw.

·
Registered
373 Posts
You mean that the fact Mg was $2,000/Ton early last December, and $4,000/Ton last month, might affect the price of Magnesium wheels???
;)
A 40ft shipping container was $3800 door to door last year, and today its $30,000! This means that the shipping cost for the raw material itself adds over $1100/ton vs the previous $146/ton easily absorbed into the cost.

To further widen the gap, the prices you have are for raw material that needs to be further processed by adding other metals, casting or forging the blank before machining.

·
Administrator
17,255 Posts
A 40ft shipping container was $3800 door to door last year, and today its $30,000! This means that the shipping cost for the raw material itself adds over $1100/ton vs the previous $146/ton easily absorbed into the cost.

To further widen the gap, the prices you have are for raw material that needs to be further processed by adding other metals, casting or forging the blank before machining.
Processing cost hasn't likely changed that much but you are right about transport containers, for sure!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Luckily there haven't been supply chain, inflation and resource issues in the last 10 months /s
Spoke to them yesterday. Idk why you want to see owners pay more for things.

For anyone serious about this. The price is much less direct from Litespeed. That's all.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have a set of Technomagnesio Magnesium rims for my first gen NSX made way back when for my 1991.
IMO the most advanced wheel ever produced for that car. Collectors items.
The newer stuff may look "sexy" but it aint magnesium.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts