Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently traded my 2016 4C Spider in on a 2020 Stelvio Quad and wanted to share my initial experience. First I must say that I'm 70 years young and this did weigh somewhat on my decision to make the change as well as a replacement for an aging Acura RDX. I am fit, slim and getting in and out of the 4C wasn't a problem. Comparing the two is like apples and watermelons. The 4C is a street legal race car plain and simple. The Quad is an SUV with serious attitude. The quad I chose has all the bells & whistles including ceramic brakes which are wonderful and worth every penny IMHO. My 4C was special as well as it had the OEM CF halo which was very rare for a '16 spider. Power is similar in a straight line for say an eighth mile (only because I replace the rear P-Zero's on the 4C with Corsa P-Zero's...what a difference (total traction). Otherwise the Quad would smoke it and does after the 1/8th. The 4C is more mechanical which is expected and can NEVER be replaced. The quad is nice for a fast...very fast SUV and in no way looks as good as the 4C. Having said all this...keep the 4C as long as you can as it is a very special car. However, when you need to make the transition like me, the Quad is just the ticket.

Wheel Vehicle Tire Grille Hood

·
Administrator
19,024 Posts
Congrats, and thanks for the pic.
Yup, that’ll be the colour I’d choose to.
We’ll miss you at the track in Grand Bend, but perhaps your 4C will join us again.

Don’t be a stranger on the forum. And thank you for your past contributions.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Sorry to see you go McRib, i have both currently and there is no comparison, the stelvio quad has multiple personalities, fast when you need it and like a toyota camery when you are just moving around town.
Honestly the perfect SUV. However not special like the 4C. In my opinion you will miss it. Not great for every day however special when you do get in it. So enjoy it but life is short and your stelvio doesn't look like a 4C and will largely go unnoticed in any sitiation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts