Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

which concept is best?

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'm going to go against the grain, I like how the 4C looks, it suits looking not too aggressive, I like it looking playful and maybe a bit cheeky.

I don't want to look like a Giulia really, I like the carefully designed smoothness of the 4C

I'm with you Goldmax, with the two Hub cars I feel there's to much going on in small spaces.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I'm with you Goldmax, with the two Hub cars I feel there's to much going on in small spaces.

Left= oem 4C = she's a strong girl!
Rigth= quadrifoglio = she's going to kick some ass (high octane fuel)

Reactions: lars

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
This is the best front end in my opinion , one piece made from carbon fiber , glossy carbon inserts that guide air towards the brakes , aggressive look ,however it is lower than factory and driveways make your balloon knot tighten everytime . Zender did an amazing job .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think I prefer the original bumper. As a close second I'll put the official QV one, which never got out of the prototype stage.
While I am a big fan of your other designs, Beau, I think these bumpers are way too aggressive. I like how the 4C manages to look tense and ready to go without losing the calmness and roundness proper of the italian flair.

PS: Sign me up for your HVAC controls, should you make some more!

·
Registered
2016 4C Spider + 1985 Ferrari 308 GTS QV
583 Posts
Can't do 1 or 3 because trying to be a Pista is just poseur. 2 feels like an agressive Neo 33 Stradale, very nice, but the "#4" will likely be the most popular/best selling front (and as stated, with appropriate and much needed "air out"/front downforce to get that front end to bite). Also def keep it agressive since, also already stated, the oem/existing options pleases those looking for the softer front... No Lotus wannabes please, or I'd have bought an actual exige 340 and not need to correct everyone asking "what Lotus is that?" because i dont have a chromic plastic badge that says "Italia 4C Spider 240S".

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
The smile ones are really the only radical different style. I can see it having appeal for wow factor. Number 4 really is just the obvious thing to do. Fine but nothing new or exciting.

OP, how will you make it? Yourself? Or by professionals? Do you have a company in mind that works from CAD file? I am interested because I have identified such a company, here in the UK I would use to make a part for the Fiat 124 Spider, if only I could produce CAD. The part is too large to model... a “fastback” hardtop!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Excellent effort. Honestly IMO (probably worthless) all of these are an improvement over OEM. I would suggest that you do a poll or do a track and possible a street version that is not so low to the ground. it also needs to flows more with the height of the rest of the car. keep in mind that many have put coilovers on their car and and lowered. If you so super low like you have on this for many it can't be used.

·
Registered
2016 alfa 4c
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The smile ones are really the only radical different style. I can see it having appeal for wow factor. Number 4 really is just the obvious thing to do. Fine but nothing new or exciting.

OP, how will you make it? Yourself? Or by professionals? Do you have a company in mind that works from CAD file? I am interested because I have identified such a company, here in the UK I would use to make a part for the Fiat 124 Spider, if only I could produce CAD. The part is too large to model... a “fastback” hardtop!
I have someone that can 3D scan near me, once I get that I can develop 3D surfaces over the scan ( because they come in pretty messy). then I can design my own over the original. not super hard, but I use CAD every day, the only thing slowing me down is the cost. Scans costs a lot, then prototyping will also be expensive. Then I will need to make a finished part in either fiberglass or carbon fiber from Scara73. either way will cost substantially more than just buying a kit online, but It is fun to do and a great design exercise. I want to do the front bumper and rear diffuser for a more aggressive look. kind of think the stock design is a little dainty haha.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,808 Posts
I still lean towards the original or the not produced Quad version. One thing you have to be very careful is to make sure that the nose doesn't project out further OR lower than stock as we already have enough issues with low ground clearance.

·
Super Moderator
8,422 Posts
Excellent effort. Honestly IMO (probably worthless) all of these are an improvement over OEM. I would suggest that you do a poll or do a track and possible a street version that is not so low to the ground. it also needs to flows more with the height of the rest of the car. keep in mind that many have put coilovers on their car and and lowered. If you so super low like you have on this for many it can't be used.
Precisely. Apart from the engine issue, that 4C Nemesis that hit our shores is impractically low and the new long, low nose doesn’t help. You could have the best looking 4C on the planet but if you can’t use it what’s the point?

·
Registered
698 Posts
aslong as those black parts are carbon fibre - real or look :D

·
Premium Member
2018 Madreperla White Coupe
40 Posts
#4 really captured the aggressive lines...Great visual! Now shut up and take my money!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts