Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

which concept is best?

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Alfa Romeo 4C
936 Posts
I like all these ideas, but personally I believe the front should keep the "F1" look of the front wing. The angle from the V down to the splitter, like the Zender one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I like all these ideas, but personally I believe the front should keep the "F1" look of the front wing. The angle from the V down to the splitter, like the Zender one.
I agree smc4C, and I think if the leading edge were pulled back a little, and squared off a bit in the middle, it would be less likely to scrape -- hope that makes sense? Don't give up Beau, I think you are on to something!

·
Registered
2016 4C Spider + 1985 Ferrari 308 GTS QV
621 Posts
In this one I tried to lower the front nose for a slimmer look and bring up the splitter off the ground a bit.
View attachment 114725
The beauty of refinent, this is very Stradale33-ish. Well done!
Note on the surfacing, this will "pout" as you're kinda cheating the "upper lip" with your volume values and the profile/far side (this will stretch out in reality like the zender, creating a squarer look)... The IRL squarer look this design makes will feel very Stratos-esque and you might already have a buyer if you go that way. I love the Stratos design.
Also realized you're photochopping the side markers oem, but forming that as a clean plug and play will be harder than if you just redesigned them(?) Maybe like incorporating an led into the "fender handles"? Can it be shaped like a light up quadrifoglio? Details like this might help justify what these will likely end up costing, maybe.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
It’s getting better as the design evolves, it looks less aggressive which is good for me, the reason being we as 4C drivers don’t get a lot of bad press or hostility from other drivers, our cars look fast but friendly, I usually get only thumbs ups not the middle finger, if the car looks nasty or aggressive that could cause an image problem. I think . ?

·
Registered
2016 4C Spider + 1985 Ferrari 308 GTS QV
621 Posts
It’s getting better as the design evolves, it looks less aggressive which is good for me, the reason being we as 4C drivers don’t get a lot of bad press or hostility from other drivers, our cars look fast but friendly, I usually get only thumbs ups not the middle finger, if the car looks nasty or aggressive that could cause an image problem. I think . ?
That's all about the community you drive in. No one has ever given me the middle (yet?) but maybe an agressive look might spontaneously detatch the manhood of any modified BMW or Audi within a mile radius and have them randomly drive all aggressive and terribly, as par anyways. Oem has struck an okay balance with the subtle, no need to be shy in a midengine handbuilt exotic sports car... Lol. It's not a miata.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Ver nice work! but I have always like the concept car front end.

Alfaworks from UK made 1 set and told me du to the cost he doesn't believe there will be enough interest to make economical sense.

Would be great if some one can touch on the side mirror, and I never get LE front bumper opening ,the lines just don't really match the rest of the car

·
Registered
728 Posts

Try nail something like the gta, the inner below the nose is raised a bit then a beautiful sweeping curvy hill like flare out to the wheels.. love this look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
That picture reminds me... Alfas require integrating the cars reg plate in a way that is pleasing. The front end on many look great until the plate goes on.
I would consider this from the outset.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Move to Florida where I am at and there is no front license plate required by law. problem solved haha
I never put one on , when police stop me id just be honest and say would you drill that front bumper , they tend to agree with me

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I never put one on , when police stop me id just be honest and say would you drill that front bumper , they tend to agree with me

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yes.....but the rest of us don't have a badge to expose as we talk to them. I think you should make a copy of yours and share it with us....through a Help A Brother Out Plan

41 - 60 of 63 Posts