Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make or run a solid metal or delrin bushing set on the front suspension?

Contemplating having the factory bushings replaced mostly to improve steering tactility. I can feel what I consider to be a lot of flex when moving the wheel left and right and I’d like it more firm.

If nobody does this I can probably have my race shop look into just making one custom the next time I have work done on the car. Or I may just never get around to it and spend my time on the race car or other projects, that’s been my MO for a while now!

·
Super Moderator
14,459 Posts
Alfa Workshop (Alfa9 can get for you too) has front "A" arms with cross axis joints replacing the stock bushings, as well as replacement inserts Jamie describes as "Rose Joints"

·
Registered
66 Posts
Does anyone make or run a solid metal or delrin bushing set on the front suspension?

Contemplating having the factory bushings replaced mostly to improve steering tactility. I can feel what I consider to be a lot of flex when moving the wheel left and right and I’d like it more firm.

If nobody does this I can probably have my race shop look into just making one custom the next time I have work done on the car. Or I may just never get around to it and spend my time on the race car or other projects, that’s been my MO for a while now!
I replaced every bushing known to man on my STI with power flex poly and it made a world of difference. NVH wasn’t an issue at all, not sure how different rose joints would be but contemplating it. Would love to see more poly options though. I have Rudy’s lower engine mount but there don’t seem to be uppers and I always read it’s ideal to replace them as sets as they work best together.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Oh that’s right! A while back I read up on them but since then we had a baby and I completely forgot about Jamie’s rose joints! Looks like that’s exactly what I’m after, so I may just have to order a set.

I never realized how important suspension joints are. I’m spending more time at the track (in my Boxster) so I suspect what’s actually going on is I’m changing as a driver and things I previously didn’t notice have started to matter.

Thank you both for your comments.

Edit: I just ordered a set. Hope I like them!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts